Martial Arts/Body Training (1 Viewer)

Guesss

HSC
yu'r so viciousssssssss :eek:
No im not :shy:

Also, i forgot to mention, we do some weapon fighting, lol like swords, poles, chain *i havent done the chain yet, but would love to try it - provided i dont injure myself in the mean time*

Yeah there's many different animal styles which are also incorporated together e.g. Tiger Crane
Yeh... i thought there were more ...

Yeah, my master is so good at the tiger style...

About incorporating the styles, thats what we do, some of our forms have different moves derived from the different styles.

Guesss

HSC
I did boxing for 3 years then moved onto Wing Chun Gung Fu.

Would highly recommend it.

I want to incorporate other Gung Fu styles with my Wing Chun, but currently im looking at Hapkido.
Nice ;) lol... which area do yu train in?

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Nice ;) lol... which area do yu train in?
I train in the Blacktown area, then my Sifu moved the Kwoon (school) to Marayong.

It's Red Boat lineage Wing Chun, my si-gung is Rick Spain who teaches in Surrey Hills, and he was taught by one of bruce lee's teachers

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
There's nothing like practising Yin Yang Shuang Dao (double chinese broadswords) on the mount warning mountain range.

Guesss

HSC
I train in the Blacktown area, then my Sifu moved the Kwoon (school) to Marayong.

It's Red Boat lineage Wing Chun, my si-gung is Rick Spain who teaches in Surrey Hills, and he was taught by one of bruce lee's teachers
Ohh nice... Im train Parra area... not too far. lol. Our sifu's probly noe eachother if thats the case...

edit: my teacher trained in the shaolin temple ... Whats YOUR favorite Bruce Lee movie? :p

There's nothing like practising Yin Yang Shuang Dao (double chinese broadswords) on the mount warning mountain range.
You do the double broadswords ??

Last edited:

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Ohh nice... Im train Parra area... not too far. lol. Our sifu's probly noe eachother if thats the case...

edit: my teacher trained in the shaolin temple ... Whats YOUR favorite Bruce Lee movie? :p

You do the double broadswords ??
Parra Area!?!?!

OMG you have to tell me where, i got to uni in parra and it would be perfect! (I would prob start next year though as im focusing on other things).

My Sifu is Chris Hoy, who's your sifu?

I don't really have a favourite bruce lee movie, love them equally like i would my children.

Btw Ip Man 3 is being considered.

Guesss

HSC
Ip Man is one of my fav movies, iv got it on my HD

I've seen Ip Man 2 aswell!

How about you guys?
YUP! All of ip man and the beginning of ip man 2 ... will finish it tonight!

Parra Area!?!?!

OMG you have to tell me where, i got to uni in parra and it would be perfect! (I would prob start next year though as im focusing on other things).

My Sifu is Chris Hoy, who's your sifu?

I don't really have a favourite bruce lee movie, love them equally like i would my children.

Btw Ip Man 3 is being considered.
haha, will PM yu the details as soon as i get back. lol im going for a drive!

haha... cute :p What about Jet Lee, do yu like him?

OMG YES! Its going to happen :)

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
YUP! All of ip man and the beginning of ip man 2 ... will finish it tonight!

haha, will PM yu the details as soon as i get back. lol im going for a drive!

haha... cute :p What about Jet Lee, do yu like him?

OMG YES! Its going to happen :)

Sweet Thanks!

As my best friend and fellow martial artist said, "Ip Man 2 makes you feel like hitting a white person".

Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, Siu-Wong Fan, Wesley Snipes, just some of my favourite martial artists.

Guesss

HSC
Sweet Thanks!

As my best friend and fellow martial artist said, "Ip Man 2 makes you feel like hitting a white person".

Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, Siu-Wong Fan, Wesley Snipes, just some of my favourite martial artists.
OMG Sooo true haha. My dad gets all worked up!!! Its so cute :p

I'll PM yu now ...

Guesss

HSC
hehehe....i'm about as close to an asian as a european can get, so i got pretty violent too!
haha, thats so freaking funny, cause im like as close to an asian as a lebo can get :p

haha. I full know random phrases, can count to 10 in Mando *lol wat an accomplishment :p* and can write some 'words/symbols' if i can call them that. haha had an embarrassing episode with the knowing phrases once... :shy: lol

pretty violent ay ? ;) cute.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
haha, thats so freaking funny, cause im like as close to an asian as a lebo can get :p

haha. I full know random phrases, can count to 10 in Mando *lol wat an accomplishment :p* and can write some 'words/symbols' if i can call them that. haha had an embarrassing episode with the knowing phrases once... :shy: lol

pretty violent ay ? ;) cute.
haha thats like me in a nutshell with the random phrases.

I'll be learning Mandarin as part of my major next year, have a choice between that and jap but mandarin appeals mainly due to the martial arts..lol.

you're so strange. Kung fu asian leb chick :p

Guesss

HSC
haha thats like me in a nutshell with the random phrases.

I'll be learning Mandarin as part of my major next year, have a choice between that and jap but mandarin appeals mainly due to the martial arts..lol.

you're so strange. Kung fu asian leb chick :p
lol... good luck with it...

BAHAHA :lol: thanks?! :eek: *literally lmao atm.* but i wouldnt talk Mr kung fu asian european :p

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
lol... good luck with it...

BAHAHA :lol: thanks?! :eek: *literally lmao atm.* but i wouldnt talk Mr kung fu asian european :p
lololololol.

i want to go to hong kong soooo bad, and do a few years of hardcore MA.

Guesss

HSC
Yeh i'll gladly go to hong kong... would love to visit china some day... but hardcore MA, my master *the son* came 6th in the WORLD in the competition last year... he told me stories about the hardcore traing *shudder* ... lets just not go there :p

lol. R u like full built ?? ... cause yu sound pretty pro and know what ur talking about !!

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Yeh i'll gladly go to hong kong... would love to visit china some day... but hardcore MA, my master *the son* came 6th in the WORLD in the competition last year... he told me stories about the hardcore traing *shudder* ... lets just not go there :p

lol. R u like full built ?? ... cause yu sound pretty pro and know what ur talking about !!
Yeah, by the sounds of it, i might wait a while before venturing into hardcore training. Your sifu sounds like a very accomplished person. Kudos to him!

Haha no i'm not built, i'm lean. I've actually taken time off from martial arts to do weight training. Once i achieve my weightlifting goals i'll go back to MA.

Thanks! I read many books and try to study everything i can. Started off by reading the Art of War, Tao of Jeet Kune Do, etc etc. i basically practice jeet kune do, which is a philosophy. Refer to my sig.

forward

HSC
chinese martial arts... aren't the greatest

every time I've seen them or been to a place they always end up being more philosophy than effective training that would work in an mma match or street fight

ah well I might be slightly biased cause i come from a western mma background I guess

Last edited:

jb154

HSC
Ive done a bit of boxing, Judo and jiu jitsu and without a doubt they are all very good as stress relief , fitness and self defence. Just pic something that you enjoy and stick with it. Free sparring should be your main goal early on and then who knows. If i could i would have liked to do some amateur wrestling but its not a real big sport over here and living in a small coastal town doesnt go me any favours. With all the success wrestlers have in mma you should give it a look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)