Marks/scaling etc (1 Viewer)

OutOfOrder

HSC
How does General Math scale?
like, do you get scaled down no matter what u get? And does your classmates marks affect yours?
I average 96, but the other ppl in my school average around 60's. How's this affect my marks?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Whoah. Your mark is very very far away from your other classmates. I would think that you wouldn't get scaled down much, if any at all. If we were to draw a bell curve, the middle hump would very steep because everyone is clustered in the 60s and then you are like all the way at the small bit under the curve. So you should be fine, according to my thoughts on scaling.

P

pLuvia

Isn't the mark based on how well your class does? not just individual performance? so I think that his mark will be in the 90s but so high? I don't know because my teacher keeps on saying to work as a class :(

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
If you get a high enough raw mark, then scaling won't matter particularly because once you're at the top, you don't go any lower. Keep in mind your moderated assessment mark is 50% of your final mark, but if you're that far ahead, you should be rank 1 and therefore have no worries here. Good stuff!

I_F

Dr_Doom

HSC
OutOfOrder said:
How does General Math scale?
like, do you get scaled down no matter what u get? And does your classmates marks affect yours?
I average 96, but the other ppl in my school average around 60's. How's this affect my marks?
I average that too... I hope I dont get scaled down :|

Jaron2005

HSC
Hi, i am new to this forum, i am doing General Maths right now and ill be doing my HSC in 2006, and so far is am averaging 70s and sometime 80's, i was wondering will i be scaled down. I am really scared that my General maths will bring down my UAI

sam_account

HSC
if u get below 90 aligned mark in gen math for hsc, u'll get scaled down really badly....

96 in hsc is very diff. from 96 in school. although if u get 96 or above in gen math in hsc , scaling wont' effect u that much, mind u , that's 0.6% in the whole state for gen math

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Jaron2005 said:
Hi, i am new to this forum, i am doing General Maths right now and ill be doing my HSC in 2006, and so far is am averaging 70s and sometime 80's, i was wondering will i be scaled down. I am really scared that my General maths will bring down my UAI
What rank are you in your class, and have you done any past papers? If you have, what do you average in those?

I_F

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
sam_account said:
if u get below 90 aligned mark in gen math for hsc, u'll get scaled down really badly....

96 in hsc is very diff. from 96 in school. although if u get 96 or above in gen math in hsc , scaling wont' effect u that much, mind u , that's 0.6% in the whole state for gen math
yeah were all dumbasses in maths ! ><

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately a very small percentage actually get 90s in general maths. But you can still make it, just practise questions and know all your simple formulae and how to apply them to problems.

Jaron2005

HSC
insert-username said:
What rank are you in your class, and have you done any past papers? If you have, what do you average in those?

I_F
I was ranked 9/65 people, and my average marks are 75-86

mazarina211

HSC
wel i did my first hsc general exam and got 71%. i came 26th out of 106 candidates. i think the average was about 60ish. does this assesment affect my final hsc mark? can i stil get a band 6?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)