marks needed to transfer to law at syd (1 Viewer)

dfm

HSC
im currently at uow doing law.what kinda mark average wwould i need to transfer to syd?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
dfm said:
im currently at uow doing law.what kinda mark average wwould i need to transfer to syd?
Depends on your UAI. The higher your UAI was, the lower your uni marks need to be, because they two are weighted evenly in their calculation. They officially say that a UAI 96+ and a distinction average would be competitive, but I don't know how accurate that is. (I'm hoping their overall requirements are lower for next year's admissions, because my UAI was somewhat below 96 but I'm still hoping for the law transfer. Fat chance.)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Well, a friend of mine got a UAI of 98.2 and studied econ last year.

He got a distinction average first semester, and slightly above a D average second semester.

He didn't get into law at Usyd.

UNSW did let him in though, so he is now there.

I had another friend who is doing full fee paying law at Usyd with a UAI of 97.6 and got a D average and they didn't let him transfer into com supported.

So unless you are getting predominantly HDs it seems that your UAI would have to be above 98.5

Libbster

HSC
well that's weird cos i got marks lower than your friend and transferred into law at usyd this year. but what was his gpa, as my wam is D range but my gpa is just below that and that's what they use for transfers, so i still got in somehow. i think the nsrl was 96.12 the same as before

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)