Marking: all online? (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
On the paper, around the border there is little black half-squares that create a grid around the paper, and underneath it says something like "do not write in this section"

Its located about halfway up the header and footer; you can't miss it.

As long as you write in between the grid, everything should get marked, provided the teachers know what it relates to.

Example: you may run out of room for a question so you add more points at the bottom of the page and specify what question its part of - That should be fine
Ohhh that. I think I know what you're referring to.
I had a chat to my brother (he did his hsc in 2010) and he said... they give us an extra writing booklet. Do you think it's better to continue our answer beyond the lines on the question booklet or write it in the external writing booklet? wouldn't the marker feel a bit hassled and lose track of what they were reading if done so?

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
That is a little unfair

For the SOR1 paper, the amount of room provided for the 6 marker was not enough (this was for my trial)

I'm pretty sure you can write down the page, as long as it remains in the grid
haha same, I think the wrong booklets were accidentally sent out or something.

George121

HSC
Ohhh that. I think I know what you're referring to.
I had a chat to my brother (he did his hsc in 2010) and he said... they give us an extra writing booklet. Do you think it's better to continue our answer beyond the lines on the question booklet or write it in the external writing booklet? wouldn't the marker feel a bit hassled and lose track of what they were reading if done so?
Ideally, you want to make it easier for the marker.

I think you should only get an extra writing booklet if you either

A) know you won't fit it if you continue on the page
B) run out of room during an essay

Try to answer it within the lines provided though, because a happy marker is a lenient marker :D

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
If it is visible on the paper, it WILL get marked however, for the booklets, it says "DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE - OFFICE USE ONLY", you should never pass that line.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
the "do not write below here" part
Well, considering that it's scanned, using the bottom edge may not be wise as it has a higher chance of getting cut off as well. I recommend just going to the next page or squeezing your words in somehow if that's not possible (rather than writing 1 line in the next booklet).

George121

HSC
Well, considering that it's scanned, using the bottom edge may not be wise as it has a higher chance of getting cut off as well. I recommend just going to the next page or squeezing your words in somehow if that's not possible (rather than writing 1 line in the next booklet).
Yeah i know im just playing with you

#procrastination

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Out of curiosity, what have you found to be the most stressful part of marking HSC papers?

Marking after having a long day at school at the end of the second week of marking.

Reading small print or print around the page.

If you need it take the extra booklet and make it easier for the marker.

George121

HSC
Marking after having a long day at school at the end of the second week of marking.

so is it better to write on an extra booklet, rather than continuing on the page?

Rawf

HSC

Are you an HSC marker? Do you think teachers who mark economics, business studies or chemistry want us to use extra booklets too? (just for short answer questions)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)