Marketing plan - help (1 Viewer)

powerhouse

HSC
In the situational analysis one of the external influences is technological changes. What does this mean?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
situational analysis is a description of the business and its position in it
its external and internal

powerhouse

HSC
No I want to know what technological change and changing social attitudes mean.

Thanks anyway.

vivs

HSC
powerhouse said:
No I want to know what technological change and changing social attitudes mean.

Thanks anyway.
I think you are right

Techo change is an external factor, because it is something a biz cannot have contorl of.

eg. customers are require to pay through credit card there force the business to have a EFFPOST system. (not sure if this is an good example)
or as people are now shopping online, biz might wanna make online shopping available.

with social attitude, i am not 100% sure.
but its to do with a change of the vaule of general customer attiude.
eg. consumer are concern with health, therefore most food producer will then have LOW FAT product etc.....

HOPE it helps a bit

ALL THE BEST

HSC
Tht is quite a valid question.
When my grade did our topic test on business management and change, we came across that discrepancy and again when studying marketing...well here's my take:

Technological advancement is:
external--->when the industry or market in which the business is operating update into more efficient and effective technological capital.
internal--->when the firm actually adopts these new technologies into their own production systems to enhance productivity and so on...
analysing a firm's situation in regards to technology would obviously have to take into account their 'technological' situation in regards to the 'benchmark'

with societal attitude:
i think its in relation to the societal marketing orientation thing, where the ecological,ethical and legal principles have to applied..
analysing the business' situtation regarding societal attiude, is wierd, because you either analyse their attitute towards society (eg. if they are conquest oriented or relationship oriented), or society's attitude towards them (if they have the well being of the wide community in mind).

ok...thts my 2 cents...im outz

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)