Marketing assignment (1 Viewer)

M@C D@DDY

HSC
our school gave us a marketing assignment where a scenario is given and we have to come up with a suitable plan but the problem is it's a travel agent so i was wondering in the marketing mix wat do we do for place and packaging and any1 have any sample marketing plans??

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
place could include having a website...which is approachable from any where :confused:

Packaging might include: when u buy for example a family travel package or something, u get it in a nice bag or something...

when we did our marketing report...we had to suggest things which could be possibly done.

santaslayer

HSC
price......price bundle, with the product i guess (packaging).....so like a bargain if u stay at a prticular hotel when u go to queensland.....

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC

-Widening their image to meet the needs of a different segment of the market

dis
- losing the current market because the target audience is not realli specific to them animore
- cost in conducting advertising and other marketing ploys

ad
- increase in sales > increase revenue

-acquiring another company to maximise sales for a particular product their compay sells

dis
- cost of acquisition, financial and intellectual
- maximise sales is not guaranteed. after the axqusition, the company might develop a whole new marketing strategi and it might not work well with the consumers as consumers usually dont like change, from a psychological pt of view

ad
- saving cost in the future as some workers who overlap are made redundant
- acuiring knowledge from other company, a possible discunt in intellectual property, patents, copyright
- acqusiiton usualli extends to a synergetic effect ie: '1+1=3'

-expanding their image for growth

dis
- cost of expansion
- risking of losing sales/growth. This might be because the current marketing mix is spot on and does not require drastic changes

adv
- great way to revive the current biz and ensure continous future profits

thatz all i can think of at the top of my head...

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by M@C D@DDY
our school gave us a marketing assignment where a scenario is given and we have to come up with a suitable plan but the problem is it's a travel agent so i was wondering in the marketing mix wat do we do for place and packaging and any1 have any sample marketing plans??
it is best to just ring up the head center of travel agencies and ask for the education department... if they dont have one.. just ask where u can find the info....

and as for marketing paln.. i dont lyk sending my assignments out.. though if u want someone to look it over i am quite happy to do that.. just email me with *BOS biz forum - marketing plan (username)*

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by M@C D@DDY
i wish we got that assigment it sounds so cool!

M@C D@DDY

HSC
do u fink there r any suitable companies which i could base mine on like wantas or flight centre??

Place - locations of branches of the travel agent? [cbd] visability, accessability..
- you might talk about positioning - how your business is positioined in the market, compared to other agents, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)