marketing as a major (1 Viewer)

Lou283

HSC
I'm not going to UNSW but was looking for a thread like this.

Do you think Marketing would go well with Economics? I'm thinking Economics may compliment it by looking at the bigger picture, especially if I wanted to go into brand management or something similar. But obviously don't want to do it if it's not worth the extra stress of a second major. They don't do management or communications as commerce majors am MQ.

If I don't do economics I will prob just stick with a single major, so it would be good to get others opinions.

Thanks!

*sorry for the thread hijack =)

robb3d

HSC
Hah. I think economics is similar to marketing but not sure if it's complimentary. Both looks at trends and tries to understand consumer behaviours... but economics looks at it on a broader perspective -- perhaps? Just my 2. (the whole country vs. market segments).

However, from friends -- I would do Accounting as a second major because marketers budget a lot and need the basic skills to read P&L, Income, rah- etc

Hope that helps.

jeffreyf

HSC
if i wanna do a double major whats a good major that goes well with marketing?
It depends what your end game is mate. In reality a marketing degree isn't whats needed to get into a marketing job, its more about experience like everyone else is saying.

I'm surprised to hear you want to do marketing though, seriously your online profile will do you no favors when you want to get a job, especially in a field so important to public image.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)