Mark predictions (1 Viewer)

How did you go

• Total voters

maries

HSC
Hey guys, I have no idea how I ended up here, but I finished my HSC in 2008 and just finished uni (B. Commerce at USYD).

It is amazing how much you will change in the few years after the HSC. Just thought I'd say good luck to you all!

I know you have heard it before but the HSC is not the "be all or end all". After going to uni I have seen this first hand. It is in a way ironic how the guys who got "lower" UAI's (or ATAR or whatever) are killing uni/and or their jobs whereas a few of my friends who got in their high 90's are really struggling. I know it is not representative of everyone but just thought I'd share my experiences.

Don't let some number determine your life.

Good luck!

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
Honestly

SI - 11-13/15 (I thought was relatively not as bad as everyone is making it out to be), like for the book cover, spoke about the "images" and how the image of the two girls in the window is belonging to "each other", then the image of the man and the house was "belonging to place" and what not. The poem, spoke about relationships with fathers being fueled usually by a common love for sport, cars, what not, however that displayed by the text was of unconditional sense. (that was the biggest bullshit I've ever written), the papa one, was just how through time, what once sufficed "the name" became worthless as the complexity of what it means to belong increases... the berlin fella, just looked for metaphors and similies throughout and used that.... the last question was good, used TEXT 3 and 4, just ran out of time and was unable to write the "mini conclusion" they expect for a 5/5.

SII - 12-14/15 -> Used the Fishing image, story basically encompassed a man presenting a speech at a Rehabilitation center, and a girl in the audiences reaction to each facet of his life... He never had a strong relationship with his father, his father died, he blamed his mother for the disconnection between his father and himself, he left to the streets, looked to drugs lalala (sounds a bit odd, but actually turned out alright, better than my initial idea of an immigrant.)

SIII - 11-13/15 -> depending on how much I addressed the actual "evolving" part of the question, I think I concentrated more on how the passage of time could evoke various perceptions of the notion of belonging. Rather than showing a distinct "evolving" perception of belonging from a particular view point in the text... kinda...

lpower3

HSC
1. 15/15
2. 10/15 Max (ran out of time)
3. 14/15

azu-nyan

HSC
10/15
7/15
6/15

That test pretty much told me to get my shit together and I did as I got home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)