mark antony (1 Viewer)

michaeljordan23

Moderated User
i currently have to a script an interview with mark antony for my trial question. any idea's what questions should i ask antony. iT
is about powerplay.

jims

HSC
ask him questions that allow him to talk about the aspects of powerplay. like 'what do u think of that brutus/caesar/cassius guy? why couldnt he hold onto power?' n 'these people seem pretty stupid. how easy was it to pursade them? do think they really have any power?' n 'how do think language is used between people?" or something lame like that.

Rand

That is a totally stupid idea "jims", if that is ur real name...

Ask sophisticated, but related questions, such as "How is your personal power shaped and moulded by your manipulation of persuasive language and rhetorical techniques such as an anecdotal tone and violent imagery, in relation to the plebians, who are somewhat mindless and hypocritical?"

or

"How much of a contrast is there between your 'public face' and your 'private realities'?" and mention Antony's devious quote "Michief, thou art afoot, take what course thou wilt...", which clearly shows how he manipulates and corrupts his power.

Also, you could talk about his last lines in the play as somewhat hypocritical about Brutus "Nature may stand forth and say 'This was a man...' "

Yeah, so there are plenty of options when you come to a character like Antony. Asking longer, more abstract, yet still relavant questions shows a far more in depth knowledge of the play in general, and don't forget to question Antony's superficiality and moral ambiguity in stirring the plebians to bloodshed and mutiny, thus unleashing what Shakespeare depicts as a violent, uncontrollable power, illustrated through the frenzied, confused murder of Cina the poet "pluck but the name out of his heart, and turn him going...", a classic Shakespearean example of sarcastic, even pessimistic humour.

Anyway, good luck.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
jim's questions might be a bit too colloquial, but i think it's quite valid to use simpler questions and allow Antony to expand on them? Rand's questions are very good but they don't really allow the interview to flow.

and also, consider the audience you're writing for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)