Maquarie Merit Scholarships (1 Viewer)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Just wondering about this program; has anyone else gotten the scholarship before?

Didn't work as hard as I should have due to varying reasons, and despite people saying "Nowai you are 98+ material" I don't believe its possible for me to get 98+ really.

So... the question is, does Maquarie consider ANYTHING below the 98.5 cutoff for the Merit program? Like 98? 97? If your application is good enough.

Just wondering :) Thanks

P.S The UTS BIT Scholarship scheme also seems awesome, it's the other one I tried for and I'd really like it - but both Maq and UTS seem so incredible I thought I'd ask.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, not a chance. The Scholarship notice clearly said that it's only for those who get 98.5 UAI or above.

But you may consider the one where you can get one regardless of your UAI.

X

xeuyrawp

Patar said:
despite people saying "Nowai you are 98+ material" I don't believe its possible for me to get 98+ really.
So, how is that despite people saying so...?

So... the question is, does Maquarie consider ANYTHING below the 98.5 cutoff for the Merit program? Like 98? 97? If your application is good enough.
There's no consideration for people below 98.5, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
PwarYuex said:
So, how is that despite people saying so...?
OK, let me explain this in a lengthy sort of fashion

despite the sentiment from other people, where it is believed it is possible for myself to acheive a University Admissions Index of greater than or equal to 98.5; I do not share the same belief wholeheartedly.

Oh sorry - that's badly worded, what I mean is they say "No way - you ARE 98+ material"

lol, sorry about that

There's no consideration for people below 98.5, sorry.
that's ok, I just thought I'd ask and see if there was any chance. For the UTS one for example they have a target UAI but have accepted lower before.

thanks anyway guys :)

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Patar said:
lol, sorry about that

that's ok, I just thought I'd ask and see if there was any chance. For the UTS one for example they have a target UAI but have accepted lower before.

thanks anyway guys :)
No probs. I'd still go for it, though, in case you do get above the mark. :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Did anyone apply for this scholarship? Did anyone get reply?

dp624

HSC
I got a confirmation of acceptance of the form... lawl. is there an interview for this (oh god not another one)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
lyounamu said:
Did anyone apply for this scholarship? Did anyone get reply?
I got an email confirmation of acceptance of the form. I guess they just need our results now.

I know a girl who got it last year, she said you don't find out for a while after your UAIs and main offers come out, which is a bit crazy lol

well, that was 2007 - they may have set it back. I hope they do.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Patar said:
I got an email confirmation of acceptance of the form. I guess they just need our results now.

I know a girl who got it last year, she said you don't find out for a while after your UAIs and main offers come out, which is a bit crazy lol

well, that was 2007 - they may have set it back. I hope they do.
Is there an interview for that? And how many get it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)