Manhattan Project (1 Viewer)

geniass

Help! We are trying to do the dot point on the Manhatten Project, "Assess the significance of the Manhattan Project to society." The only information that I can find doesn't say anything about the way its affected society, it only talks about the people involved and the history, basically everything I don't need.
HELP!!!!!!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
effect on society?? i remember puttin something like:

it ends the war quicker (good social impact)
it kills innocent civilians (bad short term social impact)
while it also unveils a wmd (bad long social impact)
the radiation caused long term mutation/ cancer of the affected areas (bad long term social impact)

cuz u can elaborate on this and say oh how the war is like devastatin bla bla... =p blehz

jims

HSC
prob quanta to quarks...
also got the cold war and public perception on the ethics of unabated scientific progress (ppl these days are generally more cynical).

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
look at the standard package for either the 2001(i think) HSC, there was like a 7 marker in tthe Q2Q section that was pretty good(it was the only sample)

in short:
The Good: ends war quickly, new source of power, development into nuclear sciences
THe Bad: developments of WoM(cold war and weapon races), possiblilty of Nuclear War, Devastation @ hiroshima & Nagasaki, pollution(thermal pollution of water sources as well as radioactive nuclear wastes,), radiation's harmful effects on living things

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
the bad: the project ensures that humans had the power to destroy itself - and something bout the arms race (??)

i've forgotten everything :(

edit: i just realised that that doesnt make sense
(looks for my q2q notes...)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You could also say something about the lives of soldies saved (it was estimated that it would have taken 1 000 000lives to invade Japan succesfully).

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
for this dot point- go look at the sucess one book...its got this answer to a similiar question, and it covers all the stuff that ur looking for. :)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
yeah just memorise stuff from Success One...or get last yrs (2003) catholic paper with answers...the answers have a good one..i guess trial papers/answers are a good source of finding answers to dotpoints with hard to find answers!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I had an english presentation i did on thios last year, with reference to horrors of war, sorry but i deleted it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)