Manhattan Project (1 Viewer)

hys

auscentral.com|auspal.com
Assess [Make a judgement of value, quality, outcomes, results or size] the significance of the Manhattan Project to society.

where can i get more information online ...

ben

I'm not going to learn about the Manhattan Project (whatever it is).

I mean it was a 6-mark question in the HSC last year - what are the chances they will put it in again? really...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well they could ask a question where u need to perhaps discuss the significance of that project for something else...and they can just imply it

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
well they could ask a question where u need to perhaps discuss the significance of that project for something else...and they can just imply it
umm.. be more specific.

and didnt he ask where he could find information???

goto www.howstuffworks.com

KingofthieF

hmmmm

I think all these posts haven't really answer the question... and a lot of the site will only talk about what the project is but it is the impact on society where the mark is given~~ so be careful

we did similar question in class as a practice, where we treat it as an 8 mark question... the following points will hopefully get u started:

1. talk about the project, what's its purpose (remember its not simply a reserach, its a race with time, with the germans)
2. some scientists involved and their contribution (e.g. Einstein and Fermi)
3. than the impacts (e.g. expense of the project - millions of money could have been spent in other humanity areas; health risk, people of heroshima and nagasaki; the ending of WWII; new phase of weaponary armament, nuclear war head defines who's the superpower... cold war... etc etc)

hope this help a bit~~ :D

quartic

Exactly the Manhattan project was the nuclear bomb project during WWII. Nothing to do with AC electricity of Nikola Tesla. KingofthieF had good suggestions on researching it.

Also talk about the possibility of nuclear terrorism and MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) for the effects on society.

ben

Originally posted by Ace-Pilot
Which Core topic is this Manhattan Project from coz i never even heard of it ?
Its a Quanta to Quarks option topic

Ace-Pilot

Glad im not doing q 2 q

Geez thought i missed something, well no wonder i neva heard of it coz i aint doing quanta 2 quarks, im doing age of silicon - thats the best :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)