Manager of Opposition Business (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Julia Gillard is a more aggressive debater than most. She tends to get away with such hostility and a contemptuous tenor on such a large range of issues dare I say, because she is a woman. In particular it is effective because ours is still too conservative a society for a man to fire back in like kind, it would be an ugly look as demonstrated by Barry O'farrells softening of rhetoric against KKK. Yes, it is patronizing but when the electorate demands it, who are politicians to deny the it?

None the less the coalition I think is now in urgent need of a woman who can get into an ugly dogfight (no woman-dog comparisons intended) if need be because frankly Abbott lacks the gentlemanly charm of a Turnbull who was often able to make Gillard seem a bit childish and a bit bitter. Julie Bishop as deputy seems the natural person to this but even if she wasn't tarnished by her stupidity over the foreign affairs thing, its not her go. She tries to cultivate a dignified lady like, respectable ambiance, I doubt she has the verbal dexterity to do the job properly but even if she did she wouldn't be inclined to.

The people in parliament that really get to argue with the PM are the LOTP, the deputy, the shadow treasurer and the manager of opposition business, the last of which would be the easiest to change. Nobody really votes for the MOOB, their primary role is dealing damage to the government, case in point being Albo. I think there might be one member in this opposition who can really get up their and start ruffling the feathers of this prime minister, a woman with audacity and guile. I'm not generally a fan of her but at last I think she might have a useful role for the opposition, she's certainly been round enough to know a trick or two about question time. Make it happen Abbott and I promise you the keys to the kingdom:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)