Malcolm Chaikain Scholarship (1 Viewer)

EMKsquared

HSC
Hi, im hopefull i a future student at UNSW interested in this scholarship. I have a few questions:
1. My prelim marks were poor to say the least (19% in adv maths, 45% in physics, 60% stand eng, pd and engineering) but my HSC marks are 95 for maths and physics, 90s for english and engineerknh and 80+ for PD. Now they ask for a number of marks including prelim, would that hinder my chances greatly as they see those marks or would that me make look better as it shows i can learn things quickly????
2. Ive heard you have to get 99.9+ to get it. I really love physics and engineering and know that i truly want to pursue it in the future, even if i get ~95+ would i still have a chance of receiving it or is it only for the elite 99.9s??
3. Can i still keep this in conjuction with co-op scholarship potentially??

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
I dont think I can provide much more information here but most scholarship recipients I know are at least 99 ATAR.

I wouldn't say it reflects poorly or that it makes you look better. But bear in mind there are many applicants with amazing ATARs as well who are extremely well rounded.

Based on the co-op website:
A student who accepts a UNSW Co-op Program Scholarship and is eligible for a Scientia Scholarship may accept both; however they will receive a $5,000 once off Scientia "bonus payment" in first year only. These students will remain eligible for all the other benefits of the Scientia Scholarship.

Where awarded, the student is permitted to accept an Academic Achievement Award (AAA) in conjunction with the UNSW Co-op Program. If applying for other scholarships, you will need to check those scholarship conditions. If you are then offered other scholarships, you will need to advise the Co-op Program before accepting a Co-op Scholarship offer.

Note: You cannot hold a Rural and Co-op Scholarship concurrently. If you are successful in gaining an offer for both scholarships, you will be asked to decide which one you would like to accept. See UNSW Scholarships FAQs for more information.

You seem to be able to hold two scholarships at the same time, however it is probably a case by case basis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)