Making a film (1 Viewer)

soso

HSC
N/A
You can find out what the markers think by going to the Board of Studies site, go to subject syllabus site for Visual Arts and find the exam report. It will give you all the advice you need

tro

My mate had way too much swearing in his i think...he still got good marks but i think they just didn't pick his for art express cause of the swearing.

Make sure you have some unique camera work or something that is uniuqe to you but is still showing u understand conventions of cinematography. For example if your gonna change camera angles during a conversation between two people you cant suddenly have them on the opposite sides of the screen to which they were. Little things like that they will be picky about.

In terms of a script for film you can look at the past art express stuff that has got good marks and lets face it its usually got a pretty arty (wanky) theme to it in some way....maybe see if you can incorperate this arty wanky theme into a GOOD story hehe that way you mark good but you don't totally sell yourself out for marks........

and yes..... money is good.

IF YOU WANT GREAT COSTUME HIRE VISIT ABC COSTUME HIRE IN GORE HILL NEAR CHATSWOOD AND ARTARMON. Its about $90 to hire out entire theme costume with everything included lets say you hired out a WW2 costumn it would come with webbing boots, helmet, fatigues, ammo pouches, trecnh garters etc etc etc. Great deals. They use that place for most of the ABC series.

guy

HSC
i'm at uni now and i make lots of movies. pm me for specifics

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by Komaticom

But a nurse/soldier love story is permitted, assuming its not R rated.
Hooray for the english patient in 6 minutes.

In all honesty - for a Visual arts film, your shouldnt be trying to write a "story", youd be looking to write a story for say, a drama film. For visual arts though you are creating an artwork, so your focus should primarily be on cinematography and post production. Even the acting isnt really that relevant.

Film is alot of hard work dude, so think for a while (not to long though) before you commit to it, you should already have your idea planned out and storyboarded, otherwise your already behind. Acting, equipment etc is bloody hard to get right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)