Majors (1 Viewer)

Which major?

• Total voters

Smithereens

HSC
I know this depends on my interests and that, but I need some secondary perspectives on what i should major in for an Arts Degree (combined with Law). For one major, I want to do Govt and Int. Relations, but for the second one, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking of either History, Asian Studies or Philosophy (I have great interest in all three, but more so in History). I've got a few questions in relation to them:

- What do you think is more practical?
- Should I base this decision on interest or employment prospects?
- In relation to the majors, how are the departments and lecturers in general that offer them?

Thanks.

spence

HSC
I know this depends on my interests and that, but I need some secondary perspectives on what i should major in for an Arts Degree (combined with Law). For one major, I want to do Govt and Int. Relations, but for the second one, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking of either History, Asian Studies or Philosophy (I have great interest in all three, but more so in History). I've got a few questions in relation to them:

- What do you think is more practical?
- Should I base this decision on interest or employment prospects?
- In relation to the majors, how are the departments and lecturers in general that offer them?

Thanks.
I'd say do history, as your more interested in it.
I wouldn't really call any of them practical, in terms of employment, but as your also doing law and a second major, I think interest is more important

Smithereens

HSC
Thanks for that. One last thing:

I'm just have some queries on cross-listed units of study within the Arts Faculty. It states on the website that a maximum of 18 senior cp for cross-listed UoSis allowed, and gave the example of:

For example, you may complete a major in Asian Studies (under the acronym ASNS) by gaining a pass or higher in three senior ASNS units of study and three senior Government (GOVT) units of study, as specified in the Cross-listed Units of Study document.

If I wanted to major in both Asian Studies and Govt and International Relations, would the three senior GOVT UoS still be able to contribute to both majors? Thanks.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Thanks for that. One last thing:

I'm just have some queries on cross-listed units of study within the Arts Faculty. It states on the website that a maximum of 18 senior cp for cross-listed UoSis allowed, and gave the example of:

For example, you may complete a major in Asian Studies (under the acronym ASNS) by gaining a pass or higher in three senior ASNS units of study and three senior Government (GOVT) units of study, as specified in the Cross-listed Units of Study document.

If I wanted to major in both Asian Studies and Govt and International Relations, would the three senior GOVT UoS still be able to contribute to both majors? Thanks.
nope. you can count them towards an ASNS major or a GOVT major, but not both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)