majors (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
i know this sounds stupid and all

what is the mac definition of a "major"... ie. how many CPs from a dept do i need for it to be a major?

Cheers...

X

xeuyrawp

Peartie said:
i know this sounds stupid and all

what is the mac definition of a "major"... ie. how many CPs from a dept do i need for it to be a major?

Cheers...
There's officially no such thing as a "Major" at Macquarie (which is changing come 2010), although people will always say it.

Basically you need to look at your respective degree in the handbook (remember to look at the year you enrolled in it) and see what's required from a chosen Coherency or Program of Study.

Eg, most BA Coherencies require 12cps at 300 level of that Area of Study. Some are specific, eg "12cps including XXX3XX" etc.

A BIntStud, for example, has four Programs of Study, from which you chose one:

Peartie

HSC
ok...its just the masters in PICT that i was looking at said i needed "a relevant major" so if MQ doesnt do them....

(im assuming my "major" would be German then....)

X

xeuyrawp

Peartie said:
ok...its just the masters in PICT that i was looking at said i needed "a relevant major" so if MQ doesnt do them....

(im assuming my "major" would be German then....)
Yeah, sorry to confuse you. Basically Macquarie uses the term "major" in everything but in official bureaucratic stuff.

Your major is definitely relevant. :) May I ask how you're going to fund it?

Peartie

HSC
ill worry about that when i get there :p

i doubt ill apply first year up though - may try and find a job which will allow me to do it part time and work there part time but also pay for it then just be contracted for 5 years or whatever.....

X

xeuyrawp

Peartie said:
ill worry about that when i get there :p

i doubt ill apply first year up though - may try and find a job which will allow me to do it part time and work there part time but also pay for it then just be contracted for 5 years or whatever.....
Cool. Jetzt bist du nach Sydney zurückgekommen?

Peartie

HSC
noch nicht

bin immer noch in D'land... weihnachtsferien bis zum 11. danach 5 wochen und dann zu Hause :)

X

xeuyrawp

Peartie said:
noch nicht

bin immer noch in D'land... weihnachtsferien bis zum 11. danach 5 wochen und dann zu Hause :)
Geil. Ich habe gehört, dass ich in Europa studieren kann. Jetzt nur muss ich mein Thesis schreiben, und danach kann ich im September dort gehen. Hoorah. Wir müssen über Deine Reise sprechen! Ich brauche Deine Hilfe! :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As far as I'm aware when they 'calculate' your major, its basically the subject area you have the most CP completed in, as evidenced by my first year in which I was a Major in Philosophy but did more in Japanese and so the system had me down as a BA Major in Japanese rofl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)