Major Works (1 Viewer)

chip

HSC
Hey guys i was just wondering what we are all doing for our major works and how many people at your skool and in comparision to last year is your grade smarter or dumber?

I'm writing a sitcom, there are three of us (the others are doing critical analysis's) and we have a lot to live up to:(

ellipsis

HSC
I'm doing Multimedia - hypertext/website/thing ... too hard to explain :rolleyes:
There's about 15 or 20 ppl doing it - ppl have dropped and we haven't had a group class for ages so I can't properly guess. There are people doing everything in our class - video, critical, speech, story, poetry, script, multimedia...

Thats out of a grade of 120. On average I'm not sure if we're smarter or dumber than last years (hopefully smarter :D) but there are about three people who are english freaks, who get like full marks in every assessment for adv & ext 1&2 so its worrying trying to keep up with them...

rotyal

There were two of us doing it but the other guy dropped out of school all together only a few weeks ago leaving me as sole participant, which means I come first in the class automatically... as well as last I suppose.

We are a DUMB ASS year. A friend of mine worked at my school and overheard the english staff discussing us as the worst year for a long time. I don't disagree.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
There are 5 people doing it in my year, the other four are all doing short stories, and I'm doing poetry. I think our year is a pretty smart year, probably smarter than last year's, at least at science and maths....

spark

I'm doing film script for a short film.

There's around 25 people doing it in our grade. It's a big class.. and I'm not sure, but I have a feeling we'll end up dumber than last year :D

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
im doing a film script... although it occasionally morphes into a television script, and then back again...

in our class there are only four people...and, not so coincidentally, we are the sole four people who make up our extension 1 class.

i think we kinda live under the unspoken banner that our year has alot of pressure on us to perform... we had a shocking year last year, and we have become our school's hope at reclaiming credibility.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
2 of us, there were 4? last year .... my grade is def. dummest in last few years.

Ac

Jinglebell

HSC
i'm doing a critical response. there were 5 of us doing it, but one dropped, so now there's 4. we're the first grade that's actually done ext 2.

i think that while part of our grade is as good as the last couple of years, we're almost outweighed by the complete asswipes that only seem to be there to make up numbers...because heaven forbid they actually DID anything that doesn't involve excessive alcohol consumption or annoying the crap out of those of us who feel like learning. do i sound bitter? probably because i am:D but i'm done venting now so it's ok.:cool:

malayz_angel

Smarter? Dumber? I honestly have no idea. But I haven't heard of any exceptionally brilliant English people at my school ( we seem to excel more in maths, science, Greek and Chinese) so hopefully this year we will kick ass and make our school proud. It's not very likely but we can dream. :D

Leap

free falling
HSC
There's only 3 of us, 2 of us are doing short stories and the other ones doing script writing.
I dunno if our grade is smarter or dumber..hmm..we've got a couple of total brainiacs who are going to get band 6s in practically EVERYTHING, but on average I dunno whether the grade as a whole is smarter than last year.

Last edited:

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I go to tafe so I don't know about last year people.

I do poetry. and there are hmm...let me see. there are 10 to 15 of us doing ext 2. don't know exactly how many of us or what others are doing.

I know some doing short stories and one doing a play script.

icespeed

short story, about twentymillion people do ext2 (well, actually, more like thirty or so) and we've huuuuuuuuge pressure to do well cos all the other gradees before us have steadily gotten better... there's not much place to go when you're already near the top but downwards...

chip

HSC
what schools do you fellas go to?
i'm just at a public school and i dont think we've ever had more than three people do extension two........

ellipsis

HSC
Yeah I'm at a selective, I spose that influences. I was impressed with us getting ~20 tho.

At Ruse they have like fifty people doing extension 2, which is wow. I think then you would just feel lost in the crowd, though I spose it could have benefits.

chip

HSC
but its individual work so i dont know whether having a lot or a little would make that much difference.......
my teacher won a scholarship to go and interview famous writers in london like seamus heaney and stuff (our third ext2) so now we're all going to get individual teachers which is cool i guess........

malayz_angel

Individual teachers? Hey, that's a great opportunity. Although we get to meet individually with our teacher maybe once a fortnight, I could use a teacher all to myself. :D

chip

HSC
yeh it should be pretty cool although we do meet individually every week as it is anyways.......
but the teacher that is leaving is really good and a tough critic which makes us all work so much harder

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
There's about 22 (out of a grade of about 180) doing ext 2 at my school.
A lot of people are doing poetry and critical responses.
I'm doing a critical study about how the media is portrayed in "The Simpsons"... I've changed it a few times, but only little changes... i just changed the target statement (whatever you call it), that thingo.

wow, 20/30 ppl!?!? that's impressive.

yeah i'm at a public school too - we started with 10 out of 240, now down to 8, maybe 7 soon (one's considering dropping, i need arguments to get her to stay!!)

we've got 2 short stories, 3 films, a speech, a radio drama, and a radio drama script... a good variety - it's fun to see how the different mediums are going (but radio drama has the best research aspect ;) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)