AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
parra marist high

we only got 3 guys doing it...

2 shorts and 1 script

rhapsody_75

im doing poetry. there are...6 of us i think....there were 4 last year. we have a smart grade. but none of us work. all the grades before us have slogged really hard.
one of the girls last year did a libretto (spelling?) which is pretty impressive i think

so far this year we have had about 5 meetings. but my teacher has just changed it so that we have them every 2 weeks

Morgs

we have 16 doing 4u i think...
and i'm at a selective school, so there are some REALLY talented students, and there;s a mixture of scripts, films, radio things... and quite a few critical responses. The film and radio ones are unreal. The girl who's doing the film did another one previously for ext 1 and got 100% and came runner up in some sydney short film festival....
Wish i had a teacher on my back, we rarely see our teachers at all, which is really bad i reckon

pearla

kewl
HSC
im doing multimedia... this whole murder mystery thing set in a communist 1984-like australia... very long story.

i might post parts of it as it comes up here to try to get some feedback... would that be allowed???

there are 24 in my school out of bout 150, prob. the top 8 r doing well but the bottom lot r basically just stuffing down. i think that im the only one doing multimedia at school, everyone is doing story/poetry/essay etc

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm also only in year 11. really seriously thinking of doing extension 2 next year.

I'm thinking of doing a collection of poetry. I was going to do a short story, but its hard not to be cliche. Which is why I may sick to poetry collection.

One question: What is involved with multimedia??? It sounds interesting.

:) grk styl.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Some major advice: if you're considering doing Ext 2 START NOW!!!

I was talked into it at the last minute and if I had known I was going to do it I would have started a lot earlier. It will save stress if you start NOW!!!

ellipsis

HSC
Multimedia is anything, which is the beauty of it. Most people I've heard of do website, but you could also write a hypertext story (like choose your own adventure) or do something with video, or animation and storytelling... the guidelines even say you can write a game, but I don't know quite how you would work that.

I love it, because its like a mix of creative and critical (well, mine is, I suppose it could be all creative) and you can play with things like links, and layout and pictures, and font size and sounds...so if you are sick of one aspect you can work on another.

You have to be careful not to make it too focused on all the layout/everything though, its english so the text still the point. Thats also good though, because it doesn't have to be super professional. I have never done a computer subject at school, but I haven't found it too hard. I did quite a few tutorials and stuff though.

Whatever you are interested in, grab a copy of last years showcase from your english teachers, it has everything that got 50/50 on it from last year. They probably also have copies from works of old students at your school. So then you can decide what medium would interest you.

And that was a very good point. Start early .

pearla

kewl
HSC
Originally posted by ellipsis
Multimedia is anything, which is the beauty of it. Most people I've heard of do website, but you could also write a hypertext story (like choose your own adventure) or do something with video, or animation and storytelling... the guidelines even say you can write a game, but I don't know quite how you would work that.
[/i].
Im doing a multimedia choose your own adventure stuff type thing... its pretty crazy atm...

if i was to post it on net do u think itd be good or bad?? 4 feedback

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Id wait till a lot closer to the due date if you were going to put anything because you never know who could come along and snake your idea. If you leave it closer to the deadline it would be less likely someone is going to steal some of your ideas.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
hehe! Thanks guys, actually I am pretty much starting. I have narrowed my themes down to one, which is progress. I'm really into computers so I could to multimedia, but it frustrates me. You can catch me banging my head on the computer everyday. Scary sight.

I've ordered the 2002 & 2001 showcase books which should help me. We had to buy it, coz our shool is too stingy to keep a few copies. BLAH.

Another question: how long must the collection of poems be??

phillipo

HSC
There's only 3 doing it at my school (out of a grade of 60), but there were about 15 others who wanted to do it (we have to go through a huge interview process and everything to get into it coz they want to make sure that we're up to the job). It's pretty good actually coz we all chose different supervisors so theyre individual lessons

Im doing critical analysis and so's one other girl, the third girl is doing short story (though I still dont understand why the "short" story is longer than the essay)

Is anyone else cramming to finish their drafts by the end of term (only 2 weeks to right 4000 more words!)??:eek:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by chip
Hey guys i was just wondering what we are all doing for our major works and how many people at your skool and in comparision to last year is your grade smarter or dumber?

I'm writing a sitcom, there are three of us (the others are doing critical analysis's) and we have a lot to live up to:(
I am making a video.
There are currently three people doing video (including me) in comparison to 1 last year and 1 the year before.

In general there is an increased number of candidates this year
This year 12
Last year I think it's 9
the year before 1

`jennnay

i think that there's at least 55 people in my school (north sydney girls) that are doing ext 2..

i heard that ruse had around 70?? but maybe that's wrong..

btw, unrelated to ext 2, do all of ur schools have their own forums to share notes etc?

anyway.. i have my viva voce in 2 days.. im so scared..! and its 1:30am.. man wtf am i doing? i should stop procrastinating and go to bed. :eek: night all.i think that there's at least 55 people in my school (north sydney girls) that are doing ext 2..

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
i cant believe that some people have 55 doing ext2!?!..

im from coffs harbour and i go to a private school.
we have 4 people doing ext 2 out of a year of 60 (which is good i suppose) im doing a short story, so are 2 other people and 1 is doing a collection of poems (which she keeps saying are really bad, but they are oh so good..)

neway. our year has some smarter people in it than last year but also some not so smart people whereas last years was all average in smartness.

how do u think i will go? i got 18/20 for my proposal, 15/20 for my viva voce. i got marked down for viva cause i only had 1000 words of a draft. i have about 3000 kinda okay words at the moment, should i be panicking? me teacher is. lol. hows everyone else doing with words?

i dont know how i'll go in the report but it'll probably be around what i got for the other ones. im not coming last in my class (around average.. lol. for a class of 4!). could the mark u get from the actual major work affect the internal marks much? or would it all be on scaling (god damnit i hate scaling... well.. maybe not that much, but its annoying..)

neway, i'll stop whinging now. hows everyone's major work going?

rhapsody_75

grk styl --> poetry is a maximum of 5000
ie you dont need to fill this up...using that as your maximum allowance, write whatever you feel makes a complete composition
its good that you are starting now...i also wish ihad a head start. just make sure you date everything from starting when you should have lol =) also, get a copy of the syllabyse and start noting down how you fit into it....coz my teacher's been an absolute bitch regarding that. its hard for "poets" to fit into the structure of the syllabyse and its expectations...i know its hard for me anyway...

jennay i cant believe that you're just doing you viva now! im so glad i got mine over earlier...like week 4 last term...i was pretty freaked bout it lol

also perla
"Id wait till a lot closer to the due date if you were going to put anything because you never know who could come along and snake your idea. If you leave it closer to the deadline it would be less likely someone is going to steal some of your ideas."
i completely agree with YEAR12...im not posting my stuff...no offence to everyone out there...

lemonade...you gotta remember that its all relative...i mean about marks...i mean... our top marks have been like...12.5/15, 16/20 and they all fall away quite quickly after that....im just forgetting about it...coz whatever the scaling you still stay the same rank... and thats all that matters. we'll still get the average of the two marks to get the final mark...and like for me...i cant do anything more than i am to make my poetry better...so i dunno. i reckon its best forgetting bout all that scary scaling stuff and leave room for other stuff....which in my case is generally stress about the scaling of other subjects hahah:rolleyes:

ah im *so* tired and rambling lol i cant believe this ive been sleeping all week.
is anyone else getting *really* stressed out?...like in general....my hairs is much more thin than it used to be (im going bald lol) nah im just being melodramatic...but still! girls arent sposed to loose hair like guys are they?! lol

how are everyone's hsc timetables (how spooooky!):eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)