Major Works... (1 Viewer)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Well I read young writers Showcase, So i've read some of the best. Now I need to read a variety... Does anyone know where I can get critical responses that got a whole range of different marks (other than the standard package, because that only had an exemplar sample and a band E3/E4 cusp)

Does anyone have saved that collection of Major works on the EE2 notes page?? If so, can u upload it or something?

Jinglebell

HSC
you can read my critical response in the showcase thread, it got 32 external mark...and if you figure out exactly *why* i only got 32 please let me know (not that 32 is terrible, i just thought i was around 40-ish standard), i'd rather like to have the gaping hole pointed out to me:)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I thought it was really good Jinglebell... It was readable, and u did it well... if i have any criticism, it mite be that it was a bit, shakespere did this, groening does this... i would've looked at it like emma/clueless... looked at the societies, and why each made the decisions that they did... if you get me?

Jinglebell

HSC
ok, i probably should read my MW again before i get into a discussion of it, but what i think i was trying to get across was the fact that the stuff was universal, across the differing societies, not so much a product oif the societies they were in...which is the difference between this and emma/clueless - instead of looking at how the societies of the two texts shape them, i was looking at how the two texts in different eras addressed similar issues and expressed similar opinions, despite the vastly different environments in which the texts were produced.

at least i think that was it...feel free to point out gaping contradictions, it's been a while:)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
No I can see what your saying... sorta like (and this is really simplified, so please dont yell if i get it wrong :) )... both the texts do the same things even though they are in two different societies... sorta like... things dont change?

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
both the texts do the same things even though they are in two different societies... sorta like... things dont change?
yep, you got it - and thus in a round about way proving that since things haven't changed, then both texts are valuable to society:)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
i getcha... i cant see why it didnt get a mark in the 40s! thats pretty fukd on the BOS part! these things are really unpredictable though... makes me really scared :(

Arell

HSC
N/A
wait, where do we get hold of ext 2 major works

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
My friend is doing something very similar to what jinglebell did.

Arell, on the top of this forum see the topic titled: "BoS Young Writers Showcase" There are a few on there. You can also buy the Board Of Studies Young Writers Showcase 2001, 2002, and I'm sure they will be bringing out the 2003 one soon. But you have to fill out the order form at the Board of Studies website.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
o! you did that all that glitters is not d'oh? That was a mad piece, you sholdnt have got 32. Thats pucked.

*starts to think about how pucked my very much cliched romance/fantasy short story will be*
hehe, how could i possibly be original in a topic which started over 4000 years ago? everything has already been written. :(

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by GuardiaN
hehe, how could i possibly be original in a topic which started over 4000 years ago? everything has already been written. :(
I think I've fairly much proven that originality doesn't count for everything...as long as you make your topic your own (if you get what I mean) then you should be fine...try to subvert some of the cliches of your genre maybe, or else deliberately follow them to the letter and think of a really intelligent-sounding reason why to write in your reflection statement:)

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
yesterday i was scrounging the net for the same thing and i found a site that had examples of across the range works...

but i've been searching for it over and over and i can't find it (and there's no point looking in history folder because of rather unfortunate circumstances)

all i remember was it had a yellow background! and one of the lower band examples didn't have a reflection statement.. what good are these details!!:mad:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
ouch fuckfoot, I hate when that happens.

I completely agree with GuardiaN - All that glisters is not d'oh was a fantastic piece. You deserved a much more better mark. Actually, I'm getting scared now. The markers seem stuffed in the head imo.

KarmaKitten

HSC
well you cant predict how markers are gonna react but if two people mark it, shouldnt it somewhat be fair?
i dont know what im trying to say

rosie rose

will sparky this has been annoying me for ages.
who is that chick in the picture under your name? it looks like that chick out of 'everybody loves raymond"
(debra?) but with light hair- hmm...

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by rosie rose
will sparky this has been annoying me for ages.
who is that chick in the picture under your name? it looks like that chick out of 'everybody loves raymond"
(debra?) but with light hair- hmm...
Its Jennifer Ehle, Elizabeth Bennet (and later Darcy) from Pride and Prejeduce! Loving that in 3u lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)