MAJOR WORKS - texstyle (1 Viewer)

chantelle 993

Does anybody know when we get our major works back and how do we know if our works are being displayed at the Texstyle exibition!!!!

HSC
N/A
Texstyle exhibitioners have already been contacted like, at beginning of school holidays.

I think we get our major works back sometime at the end of this term? Or next year? Who knows...

Ashems

Hi....the people that got their major works in the texstyle display thingo were notified...or at least their teacher were sent a fax or something telling them that they got in. That was in the last week of last term. One girl from my class got accepted. Our teacher told us that getting into this exhibition didnt necessarily mean that your project was one of the best, it just meant that it was 'light' and 'hangable'. Does anyone know if that's true or was it just that she was trying to make the rest of the class feel better?...Good luck with the exam..

aud

HSC
*A*S*H*L*I said:
Our teacher told us that getting into this exhibition didnt necessarily mean that your project was one of the best, it just meant that it was 'light' and 'hangable'. Does anyone know if that's true or was it just that she was trying to make the rest of the class feel better?
If it's in Texstyle, it's received 50/50 externally, but by saying it's not necessarily one of 'the best', she's saying it's not necessarily a display of the best works out of all the ones that got 50. What it is is a display of all the best exhibitable works, things being light and hangable getting in because they're easy to show off a 50 piece without the hard work of trying to exhibit it.

For example, my lounge cover would never get in (not that it deserves a 50), because they'd need to drag my lounge to the city, set it all up, etc. That's why wall hangings and smaller things, or things with their own supported structure get in. So it still would have received excellent marks, but it doesn't mean that no one else in your class also received the same mark.

aud

HSC
natstar said:
i thought it was 43+
oh maybe thats art
Nah... the speaker there pointed out the Bob Dylan shirt/hat/jeans set and said it was chosen so that we could see you can get 50/50 without a hugely over the top and extravagent piece - just a simple one, really well made with good inspirational links and all that jazz

lil_lainy

HSC
oh that just remined me of thatcrap thing at the textyle exibit last yr!...wat did everyone think of that gay outfit wich was just like a t-shirt, hat and pants on sumthing with a little print on the front onf the t-shirt...and the t-shirt wasnt even that nice looking..it was all bulky an stuff

like wat poo...i wouldnt stress about getting into textyle, it is no reflection of true talent

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
they always put something simple in
to show everyone that you can still get full marks with something like that
i think it shows that they are good at sewing
not the actually design side of it

Ashems

aud said:
If it's in Texstyle, it's received 50/50 externally, but by saying it's not necessarily one of 'the best', she's saying it's not necessarily a display of the best works out of all the ones that got 50. What it is is a display of all the best exhibitable works, things being light and hangable getting in because they're easy to show off a 50 piece without the hard work of trying to exhibit it.

Heaps cool...thanx aud. My teacher didn't really expain anything to us. I didn't even know there was such a thing until she made the announcement that the class member had got in to the exhibit. I've never been to anything like that, living in the country and all we kinda just can't go to things really easily, but I'm stoked that someone from here has got into it!

mary^^

HSC
N/A
Well, our textiles teacher was one of the markers for this yr's HSC (MTP) and she told us that, what they do is, they tag the ones they think are exceptionally high standard/outstanding for the exhibition (60 are chosen) and from there, senior markers, or whoever they are, finalise and select 35 for the exhibition. IT's pretty gay how it's oNLy 35 but apparently it's coz there's not enough space or sumfing- according to our teacher that is. So there you go~

HSC
N/A
lil_lainey,

"like wat poo...i wouldnt stress about getting into textyle, it is no reflection of true talent"

-I hate to disagree, but three girls from my school got into this year, and their works are VERY good. I would agree that one should not stress about not getting into the exhibition, but most of the works in there DO reflect true talent. If it was so easy, everyone's MW's would get in...

ccom

HSC
N/A
Texstyle

Does anyone know where the Texstyle exhibition is being held. Also when and where the semianrs are for Year 12 students.

Kulazzi

HSC
I haven't been informed of seminars, probably hear form your teacher when you get back to school, cos thats what I'm expecting

emdilem

The textyle exhibition

ccom said:
Does anyone know where the Texstyle exhibition is being held. Also when and where the semianrs are for Year 12 students.

Hi, um i was just reading your message and i just wanted to let u know that i have already been down to the display it was on in december 2004, because the two textiles classes from my school went down to sydney with my teacher, we didn't go to the seminar because my teacher had already taught us all what they were going to be teaching us there, but it was on when we were there...

animaniac

HSC
it finished up a day ago or so. it was at the whitehouse fashion school. our class went there OMG those MW were really good. they all were of really high standered.

i did hear someone say that the Texstyles Exhibition has gone to to rural centres but i dont know where?? or when its on??

anna_v

HSC
yeah i went to the whitehouse gallery and seminar too - it was in the city hey - was the one you went to that had the dark red dress with orange and pink frilled mini and the big bustle and train, as the example piece??? that is the one my class went to with our teacher. the example piece was made by a girl in my school a year ahead of us named ebony, it was a really good piece of work. portfolio was excellent too. but i dont think the seminar travelled that year - and i dont think it will this year!!!

poo4488

textile major works

Marking for the textile major works starts on monday so they'll prob tell u if your in the texstyle thing after marking finishes. we get them back like at the end of the month or early october.

anna_v

HSC
Texstyle 2005

Oh my goodness - I got selected to be in Texstyle this year!
It is held at Vaucluse House in Sydney, from the 24th January to 10th March 2006. The official media launch will be in the second week of febuary.
Both my garment and my portfolio will be displayed, and I was asked to give permission for my project to be photographed for promotional and media use.
Our textile projects return early next term (4th). Then I have to send mine back in January.
How exciting! Hope you all went well with yours!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)