major works in... how did it all go? (1 Viewer)

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
Hey everyone...

so the major works are all in (or almost in), how do you think it went?

I'm actually interested to find out what everyone did..

I did a Jungian Critical Analysis of Little Red Riding Hood fairytales and adaptations to explore developing representations of female gender identity, shown through the psychological underpinnings of the text.

I have to say, apart from the stress and the time it took, I actually enjoyed this subject so much.. maybe thats cuz i luckily chose a topic i liked haha

ill post mine up tomorrow... if anyone wants to have a read of it tonight/today just email me (frankyd_@hotmail.com) and ill send u a copy.

HSC
N/A
Honey, you won't get your marks back until like, December :p

In other news, I strongly advise you DON'T post up your MW tomorrow - official hand in date is the 23rd right, so don't post up till at least the 24th.

Oh and we should have a "EE2 BOS SHOWCASE OF 2006" thread up in the MW showcase forum up soon :) It'll be opened the day after MW's are due in (for your benefit - how pissed would be be if someone else stole your work now? :p)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My brother's teacher who does HSC EE2 marking told him that the standard this year was incredibly below average and it was apparent that the refinement of the major works was left till the last minute. However, the critical responses were apparently a successful medium as the ones received were either getting the top marks or the very bottom marks and there was no middleground.

Porcia

HSC
well i do critical response so hopefully that means good news for me. my teacher did however say that actual marking did not start until november so im curious where ur brother's teacher got that statement.

and fenris- hell no. hehe we just have to do a major work. could be poetry, short story, critical response, film, video, website whatever - but defintely not a novel... novella maybe, but not novel.

also - this is just a theory of mine but worth considering - have u noticed that lucy geddes' "the bliss" critical response (in 2005 showcase) which recognized how creativity can be used in the critical response medium may have swayed all the students who are more able (or more conversant with critical theory) to the critical response medium?

Last edited:

Trinket

HSC
Marking's definitely happening at the moment. My EE2 teacher had to cut our celebration party short two weeks ago because she had to go for EE2 marking at 3pm. Apparently she got quite a few stories that seemed really rushed - reflection statements not making sense, etc. A couple of markers also had to go back to the process diaries. She said that she had an unlucky run, though - the other markers on her table got some excellent short stories.

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Porcia said:
and fenris- hell no. hehe we just have to do a major work. could be poetry, short story, critical response, film, video, website whatever - but defintely not a novel... novella maybe, but not novel.
I'm glad I am in English Standard, I suck at speeches ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)