Major Projects For Wood? (1 Viewer)

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Just wondering what this year will bring for Industrial Tech - Wood?

Any ideas for your major projects? I made a A-frame Viking Tent, a split-top chest Esky & a basic wooden chest with split inside..both these chests were medieval style, so i could use it for Medieval Reenactment that i do. So yeah, i did that last year, was fun to make.

So! Whats your ideas?

lilkev62

HSC
I am making a Traditional L Style Bar 2750 x 1400 (sides) 500 (wide) 1200 (height - dual levels)

SweetSeasons

HSC
I dunno how the hell I'm gonna be able to teach students how to make all this stuff...

7th Sign

HSC
lilkev62 said:
I am making a Traditional L Style Bar 2750 x 1400 (sides) 500 (wide) 1200 (height - dual levels)

few kids in my class did bar's last year...

you get good marks like 80+ u need to make it with a few drawers....do some turning in it aswell..throw a few nice features in it and it will score well..

bscared

HSC
Im making a TV entertainment centre (or what I like to call a tv cabinet) and it's HUGE!!!! (mainly cause my TV is also huge)

d_griffo

HSC
hey
stalk_if_u_dare and 7th Sign hows u go last year.

stalk_if_u_dare what did your marks for your viking tent and esky go.
7th Sign did u do a out door setting or outdoor bench of some sort

well i got 90 for everything. Mate of mine who though mine was better but his had more detail got 92 and he was sent away to Sydney Wood Expo, and due to that he got an offer to Do Wood Technics at ANU

i was very prowd of him. He deserved it the enough he put in. and you can see the effects of his effort

This is my Wine Cabinet

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Thats really REALLY nice!! (can i have it??:p)

Cos my things were kinda simple...i got 66 for the folio..i think i got 65 for the actually project...(I came third in my class ------ of 7:()

Im pretty happy with it, considering how many mistakes i had:(

red-nut

HSC
Everyone makes a cabinet...thats why i chose to make a guitar :) . But i dont think ill get it done as my teacher is a little slow in the head.... :(. and if anyone knows any links to example folios coud you plz post the link

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
d_griffo said:
hey
stalk_if_u_dare and 7th Sign hows u go last year.

stalk_if_u_dare what did your marks for your viking tent and esky go.
7th Sign did u do a out door setting or outdoor bench of some sort

well i got 90 for everything. Mate of mine who though mine was better but his had more detail got 92 and he was sent away to Sydney Wood Expo, and due to that he got an offer to Do Wood Technics at ANU

i was very prowd of him. He deserved it the enough he put in. and you can see the effects of his effort

This is my Wine Cabinet

Man I 89 for every thing overall, not that happy I think I did shit on that exam and it dragged me down a little I know my actuall project scored in the 90's..

7th Sign

HSC
red-nut said:
Everyone makes a cabinet...thats why i chose to make a guitar :) . But i dont think ill get it done as my teacher is a little slow in the head.... :(. and if anyone knows any links to example folios coud you plz post the link
I would sell my porfolio info hahaha I some one is making a bed hit me up hahaha I got most of the info on computer I will send it all to you for 20 bucks

7th Sign

HSC
its on the computer so I couldnt give a shit how many ppl I send it to...

my original folder with all the printed off stuff and jarrah cover I wouldnt let this go unless I had $100 for it

vis94

HSC
Has anyone else noticed that the industrial tech test is more buisness studies than actual wood work stuff!!! it really anoys me cause i don't do buisness and the people that do it have an advantage!!!

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
vis94 said:
Has anyone else noticed that the industrial tech test is more buisness studies than actual wood work stuff!!! it really anoys me cause i don't do buisness and the people that do it have an advantage!!!
meh, its not that hard to understand (i didnt do business studies).

7th Sign

HSC
vis94 said:

very true....especially the exams its like 60% business studies bassed.. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)