Major Assignment Help - 1 Question (1 Viewer)

Jouma47

HSC
Hi There

I started my major project, Im making a P.O.S, Point Of Sale, Like the checkouts at supermarkets.

I have the marking guideline in front of me now and started the project but i dunno what to say for this

"Statement of development model used"

Well we are using VB 6, so that R.A.D yeah, is that all i say??

Plz help

sunny

meh.
HSC
"Statement of development model used"

How many marks is it worth? If its worth 10 marks, then obviously you need to say more. VB6 is a RAD tool, but that doesn't mean you can't use it in a structured cycle, first doing analysis and planning before you do and sit down infront of VB6.

Other important questions you should answer include things like why did you choose this particular development model (justify your decision)? What advantages does this particular model have over other models? Why weren't other models selected? Did other factors (people/skills/avaliability) play a role in your choice?

Jouma47

HSC
Thanks heaps for quick reply.

It is worth 5 marks, but that includes

Initial Planning - which consists of in this case according to the marking guideline

Simple outline of the project
Gantt Chart
Statement of development model used

So i would just say R.A.D yeah?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Jouma47 said:
You can if you want to. What I put in my last post would be what I would do.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Aww sunny beat me to it ;), yep I also suggest you take the advice given from sunny someone who has 'been there done that'. I don't think on any question for the major project you really want to put a few word answer put it into sentence form and include that extra bit of information to clarify your argument.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Jouma47 said:
Thanks heaps for quick reply.

nope, i would argue that yr major project would have to be the structured approach. u'll have to do all the things in the software life cycle in the project anyway, so treat it like a big big major project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)