• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Main things to know for Geo?? (1 Viewer)

venom69r

HSC
Hey everyone, I was jsut wondering as to what are the main points i need to know for Geography SC tomorrow. I've had a substitute all year ans she isnt very good at teaching. I know i should:
- Know at least 1 kind of link in the region clearly...such as Defense etc.
- Spatial and ecological dimensions

But i just wanna know what kinda things i should know for the short answer and extended response. The MC should be easy, basically skills and common sense. Any help will do!

rof

rof
HSC
for geo you need to know a case study of a geographical issue - example urban growth and decline, or air quality? ... within that you need to know the location of the issue, geographical processes, perceptions of diffeent stakeholders, different responses from diff groups and management strategies which achieve social justice and equity...
and yeh australia in its regional and global contexts - example defence and aid - east timor and oraq are a few examples
hope i have been a bit of help!

Kiim2507

HSC
Yeah definitely know a global link.
Stuff about Human Rights...someone posted some good notes for that in another thread.
Um...stuff about like aging populations - Future challenges for Australia.

Waste management. RESEARCH ACTION PLAN rah I hate that crap but there will def be a question on it. Hope this helps =) Good luck!

chiselwick

HSC
N/A
Perhaps you should also keep in mind what "can" they ask? You have 20 m/c which will probably have a majority of skills based questions.

Then you're left with 4 Short answer questions. One of them is probably the Research Action Plan. The other 3 maybe on issues in Australian environments, Global links and future challenges.

Lastly, you have the extended response. Which I presume is around 2 pages long. That's still a fair bit to write, so most likely you'll be given a choice of topic and then be asked "Explain the impacts of (whatever topic you chose) on Australian communities and environments" or "Discuss the impacts, responses and decision making process of (your chosen topic)".

That's my 2 cents!

Last edited:

Cyborgsanta

HSC
Sup haider. Geography link are religion political and other micellaneous crap in our text book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)