Main things from 2U (1 Viewer)

cj_bridle

HSC
Ive noticed that some applications of 2U principles turn up in 3U papers like sequences and series, which you obviously need to know the relevant formulas for.

Does anyone know of any other major 2U areas which should be revised (and can be easily forgotten ie. formulas) for 3U.

Compound interest formula mabey?

Note: even if it seems obvious.

Thanks

[edit] this would be more beneficial for the 4U students who arent assessed on the 2U stuff and therefore, have forgotten many formulas :)

mojako

HSC
cj_bridle said:
this would be more beneficial for the 4U students who arent assessed on the 2U stuff and therefore, have forgotten many formulas
you still need some 2U formulas in 4U
so u should be remembering all formulas ^^

CrashOveride

HSC
He's right...
But how lame is the finance stuff and all that blah

If anyone could reply more informatively to cj_bridle that would be good, this topic is also of interest to me.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
cj_bridle said:
[edit] this would be more beneficial for the 4U students who arent assessed on the 2U stuff and therefore, have forgotten many formulas :)

sequences and series
Compound interest formula
erm.... what are those?

cj_bridle

HSC
Sequences and series sums

like the sum of a arithmetic sequence = n/2(a + L) etc..
compound interest formula = $P(1 + R%)^n

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
cj_bridle said:
Sequences and series sums

like the sum of a arithmetic sequence = n/2(a + L) etc..
compound interest formula = $P(1 + R%)^n

Oh shit yeah! We did that like 1st term. It would so suck to not be doing 4 unit.

But yeah, I havent seen any past papers with those. And frankly, if thats the only question i miss out on, ill be happy.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
What about that time payment crap? I realised today that I don't really know that at all, because I was away when we covered it and never bothered to catch up. Is it worth learning it incase it is in the 3-unit exam, even though they haven't had any time payment questions in there for as long as anyone knows?

grimreaper

HSC
BillyMak said:
What about that time payment crap? I realised today that I don't really know that at all, because I was away when we covered it and never bothered to catch up. Is it worth learning it incase it is in the 3-unit exam, even though they haven't had any time payment questions in there for as long as anyone knows?
there was actually an 8 mark question in either the 1996 or 1997 paper on repayments - I think it was in question 6 so it was quite hard

mojako

HSC
grimreaper said:
there was actually an 8 mark question in either the 1996 or 1997 paper on repayments - I think it was in question 6 so it was quite hard
there was also one of them in NEAP trial, either 2002 or 2003 im too lazy to find out

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
oh id skip t hat
i mean 74/84 is good enough.

money maths should be banned i say BANNED

CrashOveride

HSC
does anyone know about 3unit scaling....
its long been debated a raw mark of 60% would get u band6 in 4unit
what are the figures like for 3unit.
Discuss.

grimreaper

HSC
To tell the truth, I dont think repayments is very hard. Once you can do one question, you can do them all (every one I've ever seen is EXACTLY the same with numbers switched around).

As to 3u, it scales nearly as well as 4u. According to Lazarus's post on his raw marks he got 56/84 raw for 3u in the hsc, which was 46/50 aligned. Not bad at all....

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I doubt he is.

In terms of non-language subjects, 4 unit is the highest scaling.

Next is 3 unit.

Next is 4 unit English.

Then 3 unit English.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
hmm
i think
sdd should scale the highest.
raw mark of 60/100 should scale to 99/100 :)
For one to manage such perfect bullshiting capabilities along with a decent ammount of logic, like CMON, its 2units here >.<.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grimreaper said:
To tell the truth, I dont think repayments is very hard. Once you can do one question, you can do them all (every one I've ever seen is EXACTLY the same with numbers switched around).

As to 3u, it scales nearly as well as 4u. According to Lazarus's post on his raw marks he got 56/84 raw for 3u in the hsc, which was 46/50 aligned. Not bad at all....
That's aligning. 4u has much higher scaled marks for the same aligned marks.

Slide Rule you forgot distinction courses, which lie somewhere in between 3 and 4u maths.

mojako

HSC
Li0n said:
hmm
i think
sdd should scale the highest.
raw mark of 60/100 should scale to 99/100 :)
For one to manage such perfect bullshiting capabilities along with a decent ammount of logic, like CMON, its 2units here >.<.
For one to manage such perfect amount of logic and decent amount of bullshitting,
ext2 maths should scale highest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)