Macquarie Uni Info Day (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi....

Well a few days ago I got some Macq handbook from the mail. Apparently theres some sort of Info day for students next year.

What can I expect if I go?

Thanks.

:jedi:

X

xeuyrawp

ConquerDiscover said:
Hi....

Well a few days ago I got some Macq handbook from the mail. Apparently theres some sort of Info day for students next year.

What can I expect if I go?

Thanks.

:jedi:
Info Day 2009 Macquarie University

Basically:

1. Can talk with people about your area of study,
2. can talk with people about pathways into uni if you didn't get the UAI you'd like,
3. check out the campus / people / vibe and see if you like the place. :)

I'm working on the Arts booth all day, so rock past and say hi.

HSC
Im planning to do a Bachelor of Science.

But theres also this course called:

Bachelor of Science with Bachelor of Arts in Natural and Cultural Heritage and Museums.

Just curious, do you know anything about this course? Is it like a double degree sort of thing?

Thanks

X

xeuyrawp

ConquerDiscover said:
Is it like a double degree sort of thing?
Yes that's correct. There's some info about it online.

I personally think it's too prescriptive and also doesn't give you any real depth in what you study (you do something like three majors).

You'd really only want to do it if it specifically interested you. If you're just interested in science, do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Yes that's correct. There's some info about it online.

I personally think it's too prescriptive and also doesn't give you any real depth in what you study (you do something like three majors).

You'd really only want to do it if it specifically interested you. If you're just interested in science, do that.
Oh okay.

Yeh I think I'm just going to do the Bachelor of Science degree since that's what I'm interesred in.

Thanks.

Foxodi

HSC
Going to be in Canberra when its on :(
Guess I'll just fire a bunch of questions over the phone at them.

dolbinau

HSC
So will there be an open day style set up for the various faculties?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hm, this on during the summer school course im attending, so i guess i'll be there by default, yay. It would be nice to meet other people who plan to go to Macquarie next year :)

dolbinau

HSC
*bump*, is there a reason why a lot of the other unis have mini-lectures for each faculty or course and it appears Macquarie doesn't? (Unless the details aren't published)

i.e (As I kind of said above), if I attend "Info day" will it be up to me to ask questions etc.. or will we actually be told 'information'?

Will I get to see more info about specific first year subjects and things too?

It's just I am having a holiday in Port Macquarie and I need to decide whether it's worth leaving later/cutting it short to go to Info Day.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

dolbinau said:
*bump*, is there a reason why a lot of the other unis have mini-lectures for each faculty or course and it appears Macquarie doesn't? (Unless the details aren't published)
I think it's because there's the view that you really should have chosen which uni you want to go to, not have left it to the day before your choice is due.

i.e (As I kind of said above), if I attend "Info day" will it be up to me to ask questions etc.. or will we actually be told 'information'?
You can ask questions of academics who will be there. The lectures that are on are mainly on pathways into uni.

Will I get to see more info about specific first year subjects and things too?
All that info's online on our handbook... Alternatively, you can ask here. But like I said, there will be academics on the day.

It's just I am having a holiday in Port Macquarie and I need to decide whether it's worth leaving later/cutting it short to go to Info Day.
If you're considering going to a uni, you should spend as much time there as possible before locking it in as your choice.

mr2yen

HSC
should you go to theses info days even if your in year 12 this year?

X

xeuyrawp

mr2yen said:
should you go to theses info days even if your in year 12 this year?
You can if you want to. It'll be a bit specific for you, but you can still come.

It's generally recommended that you would go to the Open Days in September/October, but I think that you need as much exposure as possible to the unis you may go to. :)

HSC
went to that macq info day today.

it was pretty good.

good info, talked to sum people about the degree I wanna do, got free food and there were lots of hot chicks around :)

Cheers.

BoganBoy

HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
went to that macq info day today.

it was pretty good.

good info, talked to sum people about the degree I wanna do, got free food and there were lots of hot chicks around :)

Cheers.
yeah the hot chicks are not in EFS division though. they are mostly in law or arts. EFS =Asian fest, unless ur into those sort of things.

HSC
BoganBoy said:
yeah the hot chicks are not in EFS division though. they are mostly in law or arts. EFS =Asian fest, unless ur into those sort of things.
I don't really know wot divisions they are.

I just saw quite a lot of hot chicks walking around :S

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They're in every department BUT EFS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)