Macq VS Syd Uni for commerce in Finance/Accounting/Economics (1 Viewer)

Peteyboy

HSC
N/A
Hi, could anybody advise me and give objective reasons on the most appropriate choice of University for these courses.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i don't think you'd get objective reasons from people on this board.....

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
jlh said:
i don't think you'd get objective reasons from people on this board.....
jlh is the only one that has been to both USYD and Mac.
I would think, that the COMMERCE degree at Mac is less flexible in terms of majoring, but more flexible in terms of transfering/changing your major.

I would recommend the Comm-Accg program, plus, you get the best lecturer for 1st year accting, the president of CPA NSW :p (subjective i know :p)

Peteyboy

HSC
N/A
Thanks, I'll probably seek more advice at the information days.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
hahaha.. yes i've been to both....

i can't speak about the e+b faculty at usyd so i wasn't keen on answering... but here goes:

as griz mentioned already, commerce majors at USYD are much more flexible in that you are able to choose what you want to do a double major.... all you have to do is just fulfill a certain number of credit points per area in commerce...

whereas at mq, you have to follow specific patterns for what you want to study...
eg: http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/degree.php?edition=2005&id=21052

so say if you wanted to double major in accounting AND economics, you arn't able because there is no designated pattern of study.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
when looking at courses also think about accessibility to the uni and stuff like that .if you live near macq and want to work near macq or something it may be a better choice. it is the whole package that you shud decide on. but the usyd courses do sound good in that they are flexible and what ever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)