Mac or UNSW?? (1 Viewer)

av_ace11

hey im lookin to do a single degree of actuarial studies even though ill probably get raped....

i misssed out on a co-op scholarship at UNSW because i was stupid and onyl found out about it just recently so i didnt even get a chance to apply.....

this has left me in a dillemma...

i really want a scholarship and am hoping i couold get one after one year in uni??

and for this reason i want to put UNSW as first preference however, i dont know macquarie would be a better option ???

im confused..heLP! i got 98.3 so i should hopefully get into either actuarial studies course in either uni ?? but wat do i put firts preference/??

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
we've had this discussion too many times...
my view is that mq is far better if you don't have a scholarship with unsw...
but it's up to you mate. Mq is world renowned for its actuarial. Almost all current FIAA's in the work force in aus are mq graduates...if they are gonna hire, they'll know that mq is where they'll look.
On the other hand UNSW is an advertising machine. So for people who are window shopping and don't know what's going on, unsw actuaries might be appealing. UNSW is also safer if you end up dropping out of actuarial because most of its other courses look more appealing than mq.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I really should dig up the relevant threads, so that next time someone posts about MQ and UNSW.

I'd agree with the above, btw. And I'd add, if you really want to focus on becoming an actuary, go to MQ because the quality of teaching and standards are established and reknown among the industry. If you want to just have a degree in Actuarial Studies but don't really plan to use it, UNSW is definitely the place - it's easy there.

RIZAL

HSC
if u wanna be real good, go to the University of Wales or University of Waterloo........they own both MQ and NSW.. :p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
LOL how can u get into those unis with a HSC instead of a bac or the brit equivalent??btw im trying to find the act stud cut off for UNSW but i cant fins hte actuarial course there :S is actuarial ova there jus a B Com, with act std units?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
bong's right. And they call their units ACTL, btw.

victorling

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
we've had this discussion too many times...
my view is that mq is far better if you don't have a scholarship with unsw...
but it's up to you mate. Mq is world renowned for its actuarial. Almost all current FIAA's in the work force in aus are mq graduates...if they are gonna hire, they'll know that mq is where they'll look.
On the other hand UNSW is an advertising machine. So for people who are window shopping and don't know what's going on, unsw actuaries might be appealing. UNSW is also safer if you end up dropping out of actuarial because most of its other courses look more appealing than mq.

your avatar is a bit blur
but the girl looks good

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, nice change of topic. :) and well replied malachite.

Who is it anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)