[ m u s i c] (1 Viewer)

dissonance

Smegger_em - to answer your question I'm male...

and yeah that music is my life. When I listen to those artists certain moments in their music just hit me and I can't believe how incredibly beautiful and full of emotion they are...they just have these moments of pure perfection in them (especially Buckley).

Well at least thats what I get from listening to them...

I agree that we both, of course have impecable taste.

By the way I just saw Ben Harper on channel V a minute ago...
:D

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Ok, everyone who has posted something on this thread is now invited to Dissonance and my wedding, as are Ben Harper, Ben Folds and Jeff Buckley (i'm sure he'll make the effort and come) and we can have choclate coated coffee beans and swap hsc notes at the recpetion....
Or failing that we could just continually compliment each other on our music taste and i could ask if you like the Whitlams or Nick Cave.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Nelly

Psshhttt, How can you study to that music, I just fall asleep if I listen to it. You need something which will keep you awake, and uplifted. E.g. trance, any of the Wild's, SOAD, Blink, Eminem, Nelly, etc. (Interesting List huh?)

If the music is deep, and has a lot of thought into it, you end up thinking about the song, and its implications to you, instead of doing your work!!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i am a huge fan of eminem but his music is not something u can listen to when u study heh.

dissonance

hmmm, well if you read my first post on this thread you'll find that I said I don't listen to music when I'm studying for the exact reasons you outlined nelly....although I don't know how you fall asleep listening to any of the music we're talking about.

and yeah...I like the Whitlams and Nick Cave. Though I don't really listen to Cave too much.

Have you heard of a band called Augie March. They're kinda of a quieter and more folky SFK. They're album is magic. However when I saw them live they were not too inspiring. On that thought have you seen Ben or SFk live? I missed the last Ben Folds concert although the piano player in my band went...he loves that guy more than I do I've seen SFK a few times and I reckon they're the best live aussie band...especially watching Clint play the drums...he's something else.

Of course I have a couple of live Buckley cds...

On a different subject I was in Wagga a couple months ago...our school's music tour was a nice 7 hour bus ride to Wagga. We played to a large bunch of old people and then went straight back home.....I remember that Wagga had really large streets, at least compared to Sydney...

Nelly

Originally posted by im jess
his songs get played too much on the radio..... i get sick of them quite quickly.....
His commercial songs get boring quickly, but his unreleased songs are the best.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
I do know Augie March, i stole there cd of a friend for a while, it was very beuatiful. Did one of them die last year or am i just morbiddly deluslional?
I wish i had been able to get see Ben Folds but strangley he didnt want to come to wagga and play in out local shoppping center's food court and i wasnt to keen on the walking to Sydney idea so i had to just eat much chocoalte and listen to his cds instead.
You came to WAGGA?!? Maybe i will rething my marriage proposal, anyone who comes here voluntarliy and plays with old people is much crazy. Hmm, that just sounded like you were sexually assualted by senior citizens...
But i agree, i live in a city of wide streets, wide streets with nothing to do in them. What evil school do you go to that amkes you come to wagga?
I have never seen SFK live but i would love to seeing clint playing the drums, seeing clint full stop actually, would be fantastic.
Your in a band? What kinda stuff do you guys play?

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
yo wassup?!
well... r&b, hiphop, rap is da bish! it is the best...!!!
i like other stuff too...anything that has a good beat..

i cant study wit music on tho..cos i get distracted hehe

shinsetsu

I like most types of music, but i stay around the dreamy, romantic stuff... or the depressing stuff, anything with good lyrics i guess ^_^ But i don't mind some clubby beats... rnb/80's funk goes down well with me too ^_^

I love Utada Hikaru, Babyface, Lauryn Hill and the Fugees.... they make up my absolute-favourite-artists list ^_^ (btw, are there any Jpop fans here?)

take care,

Morgues

I just put on Nova online and study to that.........doesnt seem to bother me for some reason
Probably because I hate most of the music they play lol

dissonance

yeah, Augie March's keyboard player in a car crash I think...I was really disapointed with them live, I mean they all just looked really depressed. Now I know their music isn't always really enegetic but you got the feeling they'd rather be somewhere else...like they were unwillingly doing you this big favour.

I must say that going to Wagga was not a voluntary act although I'm sure Ben Folds didn't miss you on purpose

dissonance

damn I hit "enter" by mistake and pre-maturely posted...hmmm

In wagga we played inside some pretty new hall that was close to the library. Playin music was cool, but 14hours travel for a one night stay was just insane. I'm leader of the big band at school so it's not like I had much choice in the matter...

yeah Clint is an absolute nutter on the drum kit. Its funny, before he hits a crash cymbal he stares at it in this state of extreme fury before he beats the crap out of it...Paul swings his neck around a lot and stepanie, well...she plays bass

And, yes I am in a band. We used to have two styles that we couldn't decide between...our keyboardist's piano songs (heaps like BenFolds) and my guitar songs (heaps like SFK). We've recently had some impoartant external influnces push us towards the guitar stuff so thats all we do now. Luckily the guys in my band are also into the same music I am....so we get along well in that department.

Check out our website www.fortiusband.com
It's a little out of date as a lot of stuff on there is really old or says stuff that is no longer true ie. I am no longer the drummer.... but that'll be fixed soon...You can hear some bits of songs if you search around the discography section:D
Billy

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
I love all types of music, especially old rock.
In general, i like music created with a real band.
I hate the asian type music though!

jenster

GET OUT!!!!!
no really, you guys have just made my day! and that's not easy to do. i thought no one my age was into jeff buckley. i ask everyone i meet. (sad i know) the best i get is, 'oh yeah i've heard of him...' well that's not good enough! he is amazing - and that's not just me being an annoying teenage girl either! which i am...
dissonance - did you go to the jeff buckley night at sydney uni earlier this year? prolly too far away from wagga.
anyway i'm sorry to barge in on your wedding but see above, i am an annoying teenage girl and it's my job. well not really.

Lee

101.7 is good but too many adds. i like all music inlcuding50's 60's and osme 70's after that it all goes downhill til we reach late 90's and one:)

i have heard that it's been proven that if you listen to baroque music while you study in enhances you mental ability. something to do with the amount of beats per minute. but i don't actually know who wrote in the baroque period

dissonance

ah, I don't think it could really be because of the bpm during baroque music. I mean baroque songs were at all different kinds of tempos and so is any other style of music...

and yeah, I just reckon that the 90s seems extra bad now cause were in the middle of it. I mean now we can listen to just the highlights of the 50s, 60s and 70s and we don't have to put up with all the average stuff that came out.

I wonder what the highlights of the 90s and 00s will sound like in 2030....

jenster, no I didn't go to the Jeff Buckley night, I had no idea about it...what'd they have there??? I saw one was on at the metro not too long ago but it was only over 18s...the metro's real tight too.

A lot of my friends are into Buckley now too. Why? well, as you say "he's amazing".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)