Lying about being straight (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Nick is gay.

He walked across the room in a pair of my bright purple high heels the other day, and a sparkly purple hat.

Also loves to get into my make up.

I don't encourage it, he just naturally gravitates towards it.

He also likes trucks and dirt so idk

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hmmmm. i hardly think "well I hope not" qualifies as a reason not to tell your parents. if they're mature enough to sit down and discuss it, they are mature enough to accept it.

i also doubt that your plan has worked.

whilst maybe coming out isnt the best option for you right now, trying to convince your parents you are gay is foolish and misguided and will end in tears.

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
lying about being straight is a bad idea.

e.g. When I was in the closet (and the short period when I didn't know) people would say things like "who do you like?" so I'd pick some random boy so I didn't feel 'abnormal'. But this made things more difficult when I did come out. No one suspected me - and it made for more questions.

Don't come out if it's not the wrong time for you, but don't lie about it.

chookini

HSC
N/A
I don't think you can change who you are. My best advice is to approach someone you can confide in , it would also be good to contact a gay group for support. I'm pretty sure you can find one on the net. The more you hide the more your dad will work out whats going on. He'll have to accept that you like men and that you don't have a choice in who you are attracted to.

breezy221090

HSC
Hero, your parents have watched you grow up and trust me, they are able to realise their children's sexuality sometimes even long before they (children) have. I think your mother is well-aware and so is your father, although in himself he is battling to accept it (hence checking msn logs for physical proof).
The best thing to do would be to come out. Not only will you be so relieved and finally free to be yourself, but your parents will realise the trust you are placing in them and finally speaking honestly.
For all those people who posted derogatory language about homosexuality, please, get over it. Personally, I find it very interesting, the concept of it. I think it's because I'm straight and I don't quite understand it but if I were gay, I'd be proud of it.

Don't try to live under a facade, your parents will love you for who you are :)
Everyone has rights to have rights and be who they are. Good luck! x
Dude, I'm glad you find us interesting. But it annoys me that people say they would be proud if they were gay because you don't know that. A lot of gays are supressed by their parents, friends, school and any other possible part of their lives if you were one of those I'm sure you wouldn't be proud.

Hero, if you care about your parents/ want an actual relationship with them you need to tell them. If they care about you then I'm sure they'll come to terms with the idea.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I get the feeling none of this really happened.

If it did, you're a twit. Why would you try and convince your dad you're straight? That really helps the situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)