Love & Physical Attraction (1 Viewer)

Redgoddess

HSC
if someone doesnt physically repulse you, then being attracted to their personality can do wonders for their physical attractiveness, however, no matter how much you love them, if they have stuff that's a real turn off for you, you're not gonna be physically attracted to them. it's what separates friends and partners. there has to be that physical attraction at SOME point, but it doesn't always come first.

Pr0digy

Veritas Lux Mea
HSC
Yeh, totally agree with people who're saying that physical attraction doesn't have to come first... remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if you really like that person's personality then it can indeed "can do wonders for their physical attractiveness" - perception is a funny little thing.. I'm speaking from personal experience.

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
I think physical attraction is quite a large part in the whole relationsheep thing.

daledugahole

HSC
I think to be 'in love' with someone I think you should be attracted to them but it doesn't mean they have to be the best looking person in the world it's just something about them that you find attractive be it a personality. The difference between friends you love and the person you are in love with is that your love for your friends is platonic like the way you love a sibling whereas the way you are in love with someone there is an element of attraction and lust.

For example there was this guy who I was friends with who was really good looking and a really nice guy and all my friends wondered why I wasn't dating him but I didn't like him in that way it was more of a platonic relationship where he was more like a brother than a boyfriend.

john31459

HSC
N/A
I thought she was beautiful, but I fell in love with the things she did.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
what if you like their shoes and clothes???
and i believe that love is more important that attraction.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
All the guys that I've liked seemed attractive and perfect when I liked them.. but when I got over it I thought.. what on earth did I see in them haha.
It's funny how liking someone can change the way you see them.. and I guess it is the same reason why you can see someone as attractive and others do not.

grue

HSC
Here's something that I stole from another forum.

Infatuation is instant desire, one set of glands calling to another.

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows, one day at a time.

Infatuation is marked by a feeling of insecurity. You are excited and eager but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions, little bits and pieces about your beloved that you would just as soon not examine too closely. It might spoil the dream.

Love is the quiet understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It is real. It gives you strength and grows beyond you - to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by her presence, even when she is away. Miles do not separate you. You have so many wonderful little films in your head that you keep replaying. But near or far, you know she is yours and you can wait.

Infatuation says, "We must get married right away. I can't risk losing her."

Love says, "Be patient. Don't panic. Plan your future with confidence."

Infatuation has an element of sexual excitement. Whenever you are together you hope it will end in intimacy.

Love is not based on sex. It is the maturation of friendship which makes sex so much sweeter. You must be friends before you can be lovers.

Infatuation lacks confidence. When she's away, you wonder if she's cheating. Sometimes you check.

Love means trust. You are calm, secure and unthreatened. She feels your trust, and it makes her even more trustworthy.

Infatuation might lead you to do things you will regret, but Love never steers you in the wrong direction.

Love is elevating. It lifts you up. It makes you look up. It makes you think up. It makes you a better person than you were before.

Love, in the end, is what life is all about.

joe_rulez37

HSC
I had a friend who I wasn't attracted to initially. However, the more I got to know her, the more physically attracted she became to me. Has anyone else felt this way?

Pr0digy

Veritas Lux Mea
HSC
joe_rulez37 said:
I had a friend who I wasn't attracted to initially. However, the more I got to know her, the more physically attracted she became to me. Has anyone else felt this way?
Yes. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My geetar has a sexy body, I sleep with her often between my arms.

grue

HSC
AsyLum said:
My geetar has a sexy body, I sleep with her often between my arms.
All the curves in the right places eh? I named mine Bellatrix because she's a dominatrix bitch. :eek:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
She weeps and moans for me, and I love her for it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You need to give it some loving and help it out by running your fingers delicately over its neck!

PrettyVacant

HSC
=( I used to do that, and I used to change the strings really often. Now I haven't done it for a while. It's so sad...

ccc123

HSC
uhawww said:
Personally, if I'm 'in love' with someone, no matter what they looked like I'd find them attractive through my eyes.
Yeah exactly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder bla bla bla. Physical attraction is not tantamount to love; they are not synonyms and thus can not be interchanged. If you love someone you will be inexplicably attracted to them. To you, they will seem attractive, even if others in general don't consider them conventionally good looking. Love is an irrepressable desire engendered by some complex chemical reaction in the brain...or so i heard. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)