• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Love at first sight vs. falling in love (1 Viewer)

What do you believe in

• love at first sight

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • falling in love

Votes: 98 76.6%
  • neither, love sucks

Votes: 21 16.4%

• Total voters

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
What do you believe in?

I think love at first sight is a crock of shit... i mean, how could you just look at someone and go 'i wanna be with this person'? thats like wtfness

by 'falling in love', i mean liking someone you already know, or getting to know someone and realising they're right for you.

and you bitter people can vote for neither.

bex

HSC
i would love to believe that love at first sight is real but i think its a case of lust at first sight and then once you get to know them you start to fall in love with a them. love is on a whole other level to lust and sadly the distinction gets confused sometimes.. everyone has done it.... i have a big fat guilty written across my forehead!

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
where's the "either" option?? I think it can work both ways....but then asquithian makes a valid point when he says "love at first sight is lust"

MoNNiE

HSC
falling in love for me :D
always has been..
[cept for maybe one.. that was forced!]
i can't see myself lookign at this guy... who i think is 'dead-hot' and then going up to them and say hey 'sexy ..so what are you doing tonight... oh i think i'm in love with you?!'
like wtf?!!!!!!!
but then again.. if i was majorily pissed that might happen..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ROFL

you dont need to be majorly pissed :D

no just a few drinks will do shitloads to your confidence :D [read as:ability to judge]

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i votes falling in love, but i think love at first sight could work, but it wouldn't be 'love' as such, lust as asq says

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i votes falling in love, but i think love at first sight could work, but it wouldn't be 'love' as such, lust as asq says
I disagree! I know I couple of married couples who hit it off from the word 'go'.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I dont think you can love someone just by looking at them. You could have a thing for someone at first sight then realise you love them while you get to know them... I think love needs to grow. And its always fun falling in love, its half the ride

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
7 votes for neither. Whoever voted for neither, please share.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i do think both is possible
the first time i saw my bf, i was immediately attracted to him, not in a sexual way but just in a way where i was really drawn to him. he says the same thing happened for him. i wouldnt necassarily call it love at first sight, but seeing what it blossomed into, i think it COULD be considered that. its a very superficial kind of love, even tho a lot of it is about gut instinct. but it is still a KIND of love i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)