LOTE placement tests (1 Viewer)

schmackers

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if its for all languages, but does anyone know when these tests occur? Is it after or before you enrol? Because in this pamplet i have, it says "prior to enrolment"...? How am i supposed to do this test before enrolment if i haven't even chosen my units yet? thanks!

chepas

HSC
I think the placement tests only take place if you ask the relevent school/department to have it arranged, because I think we'd have to choose the stream we fit into ourselves. I don't think they could do it before we enrolled... perhaps before uni started. I saw the paragraph about this in the Handbook.

For French Studies, (I haven't foudn something similar in other langs yet):

Students who do not fall easily into one of the categories above [ie: Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced], including advanced and native speakers of French, should contact the co-ordinators of the relevant units and may be asked to sit for a placement test.
So maybe get in touch with the people in the department of the relevent language.

chepas

HSC
No worries...

What language were you going to do as well? Do French :p.

schmackers

HSC
N/A
I'm doing two languages actually.... chinese (intermediate) and french (beginners). are u starting uni this year?

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
Very nice :D. Yep. Doing intermediate German and advanced French.

I'm doing the exact same subjects I did for first year as I did in the HSC, except replacing English with Linguistics :rolleyes:. It's gonna be great.

For something totally different I want to do a semester in Arabic... that'd interesting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)