lost license (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Got pulled over Saturday night. Fucking undercover got me doing a u-turn at lights. 2 points. Previously incurred 6 points for a speeding INFRACTION (which occured during double demerits, when I was 119 in a 110). THAT MAKES 8. I understand I was being an idiot and broke the rules (EVEN THOUGH ITS A PRETTY STUPID RULE, AMIRITE QLD?), so I don't want a fucking lecture. Oh and I'm on my greens.

Can anyone answer the following;

1. How long does it take from when i pay the fine til when I get my license suspension notice?

2. If I write a letter saying I need a vehicle for employment, will this do anything?

3. What's this good behavior shens I've heard about? ie you get 1 more point for 3 months but if you get caught in that time you get pwned for like 12 months? truth or lies?

4. Anyone been caught driving whilst disqualified? What's the damage lulz.

5. Go to court and plead insanity?

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
bad luck mate. im sure it normally takes a few weeks at least to come in the mail. re: employment, if its that important talk to a lawyer. there is a good behaviour scheme but im not sure that p platers are eligible for it.

HSC
Um, pretty sure saying that you need to be able to drive for work won't do anything. Mebbe look on the RTA site or something?
My brother lost his license last year and he needed to be able to drive to get to his job. The police actually advised him to pay the fine as late as possible (i.e day or two before it was due) to delay when he got the letter to say he had lost his license. He didn't receive the letter til ~3 months later, and during this time he was allowed to drive, sort out transportation for when he would lose his license etcetera.
This maybe useless and not apply to you at all, but w/e, at least it got you a bump. :eek:

*Baby-K*

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Got pulled over Saturday night. Fucking undercover got me doing a u-turn at lights. 2 points. Previously incurred 6 points for a speeding INFRACTION (which occured during double demerits, when I was 119 in a 110). THAT MAKES 8. I understand I was being an idiot and broke the rules (EVEN THOUGH ITS A PRETTY STUPID RULE, AMIRITE QLD?), so I don't want a fucking lecture. Oh and I'm on my greens.

1. How long does it take from when i pay the fine til when I get my license suspension notice?

2. If I write a letter saying I need a vehicle for employment, will this do anything?

3. What's this good behavior shens I've heard about? ie you get 1 more point for 3 months but if you get caught in that time you get pwned for like 12 months? truth or lies?

Hey my bf 'lost his licence' because he was driving his HSV V8 Senator on his green P's. I think he had about a month before the suspension notice came in but he went to court- because he needed the car for work. He called some advice lines, then called the number on the fine and tried to talk the woman on the phone into letting him off the hook because it was a work-related car but she wasn't interested even though he had a letter signed by his employer that he needed a car for work + he showed that the dealership sold him the car knowingly of the P-plater's licence restrictions- yep they still weren't interested. So he hired a lawyer whom he pays $350/hour (or something like that) he has had 2 hearings and his last one is this Thursday which his lawyer is pretty sure they're gonna win, he had to get people to write him references saying that his driving is well mannered etc etc. Also I think if you are caught driving inlicenced the penalties are pretty bad -http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/penalties/serioustrafficoffences/unlicdrivoffences.html
So, really they are not gonna listen unless you bring the case to court which will cost you alot!!!
Good luck

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
mr_brightside said:

RE: good behav

My friend had one last year, just got off it a couple of months ago. He was caught driving while suspended and had to front in court (this is before he paid the fine), where they sentenced him to a years good behaviour bond, still got his license. Downside: fuck up at all and you're off to jail, though I'm not too sure it'll happen to you.

Don't really know how you'd pursue this avenue, or if they still even do it.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Azamakumar said:
RE: good behav

My friend had one last year, just got off it a couple of months ago. He was caught driving while suspended and had to front in court (this is before he paid the fine), where they sentenced him to a years good behaviour bond, still got his license. Downside: fuck up at all and you're off to jail, though I'm not too sure it'll happen to you.

Don't really know how you'd pursue this avenue, or if they still even do it.
Yah I am not sure they still do the good behaviour thing for driving since the laws changed 1st of July

HSC
fuck not being able to do u-turns at traffic lights, how dumb is that?

i'm pretty sure there's that good behaviour thing though, this chick in one of my uni classes in first year got pwned doing 140 in an 80 zone and they gave her like, one point for six months or something. along with a fairly hectic fine.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
Hey my bf 'lost his licence' because he was driving his HSV V8 Senator on his green P's. I think he had about a month before the suspension notice came in but he went to court- because he needed the car for work. He called some advice lines, then called the number on the fine and tried to talk the woman on the phone into letting him off the hook because it was a work-related car but she wasn't interested even though he had a letter signed by his employer that he needed a car for work + he showed that the dealership sold him the car knowingly of the P-plater's licence restrictions- yep they still weren't interested. So he hired a lawyer whom he pays $350/hour (or something like that) he has had 2 hearings and his last one is this Thursday which his lawyer is pretty sure they're gonna win, he had to get people to write him references saying that his driving is well mannered etc etc. Also I think if you are caught driving inlicenced the penalties are pretty bad -http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/penalties/serioustrafficoffences/unlicdrivoffences.html
So, really they are not gonna listen unless you bring the case to court which will cost you alot!!!
Good luck
No one needs a V8 sedan for work. Your boyfriend's fucked and that lawyer's knowingly ripping him off.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
nick3157 - nah don't want to lawyer up. I'm looking for a different job so employment isn't THAT important.

Ms. BRIGHTSIDE
- ta :) I think i'll delay it until the SDRO start harrasing me, THEN pay it and by the time I get the letter I wont need to drive for work

*Baby-K* - nah not that serious about it. why DOES your bf need a HSV Senator anyway?

xONBROKENWINGSx - Surely if you were facing similar consequences you'd try to get out of it...right?
I already acknowledged I was being an idiot so thanks for the useless post :)

Azamakumar - I think I'll take the 3 months of death rather than having the whole YEAR in FEAR.

katie tully - ha. is that the short answer or long one?:p

katietheskatie - INORIET? It was completely safe to do it. Fuck NSW. Fuck the RTA

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
it was both short and long

unless they give you leniency for being a first time offender or some shit, i dunno.

ive seen people lose their licence for 3 months for less, tbh

*Baby-K*

HSC
mr_brightside said:
*Baby-K* - nah not that serious about it. why DOES your bf need a HSV Senator anyway?
Because he wanted one so why not? Anyway since he can't drive it he bought a 2007 Calais

*Baby-K*

HSC
Graney said:
No one needs a V8 sedan for work. Your boyfriend's fucked and that lawyer's knowingly ripping him off.
No one said that a work vehicle had to be anything specific, he needed a car that was presentable and wanted an HSV- if he can afford one then why not have one. Lawyers rip people off - and I am gonna become one, watch me ;) Plus he's got a good case and I have no doubt he'll win

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Yeah I doubt there is any chance of getting off it mate, your fucked pretty much haha. On a side note, undercover cops are the worst, I got arrested AFL grandfinal night for urinating in public, and I have to go to court next month, bullshit lol

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
No one said that a work vehicle had to be anything specific, he needed a car that was presentable and wanted an HSV- if he can afford one then why not have one. Lawyers rip people off - and I am gonna become one, watch me ;) Plus he's got a good case and I have no doubt he'll win
The law said the vehicle must specifically not be a V8.

There's no way he'll win, his case is crap. I suppose he could get his licence back, but there's no chance he'll get a concession to drive that car.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Graney said:
The law said the vehicle must specifically not be a V8.

There's no way he'll win, his case is crap. I suppose he could get his licence back, but there's no chance he'll get a concession to drive that car.
That's what I meant- he won't lose his licence.
I said in another post- he bought a 2007 Calais for now until he's off green P's

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Your bf should be shot imo. Who gives a fuck if the dealer knew, he bought it knowing full well one of the conditions of his license was that he couldn't drive it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)