Lost Items (1 Viewer)

implicity

HSC
Question: Do items that get lost at UNSW get easily found?
I lost a brand-new pair of glasses today (I only got them on Saturday) and I'm really hoping the $400 I paid for them hasn't gone down the drain..
I've contacted the e-spot but I only realised they were missing when I got home.. which was about 4-5 hours after I'd lost them.

I am so screwed.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Let's start with the basics.

Where did you last see them?

Where do you think you lost them?

Are you willing to post up a sign offering a reward and no questions asked?

And no, I didn't take your sunglasses, I didn't even go to uni today :p

(But really, sunglasses today? When it's all rainy?)

elfm

HSC
Try mass emailing people that might have seen it by using the respective uni mailing lists. If you lost it somewhere in your faculty/school, then you should know these mailing list addresses.

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
I've lost a pair of earphones once and never found again... cost my $100 too :(
I've also twice found sunglasses and rather expensive ones too, one was a pair of gucci and another a pair of oakleys. Always returned them to e-spot, hope you find them!

implicity

HSC
Actually these are prescription glasses..
They're Moschino's with the Moschino heart logo on the side, a plum/burgundy colour, plastic frames with thick sides.
Oh and if you try them on you'll probably go blind since I have a pretty strong prescription.
I usually wear contacts but I decided to wear my glasses today (first time I'm wearing glasses out to uni/school since yr8 lol) and at around noon I went to the bathrooms near the Colennade (walk through colennade, through games room, right opposite the door in the female bathrooms. I put my glasses on the ledge above the sink by the mirror, while putting my contacts back on (I needed them for that afternoon) and I think I might've left my contacts case there too - but I'm not concerned about that.
Then I left after using the toilet and completely forgot about my glasses..... only realised when my glasses weren't in their case in my bag when I got home :(
I got a friend to check for me at around 5:20 but he said the girl that checked for him couldn't find anything. E-spot told me that the cleaners probably found them and will turn them in soon.
:(:(

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
on a related note, I lost my $2 umbrella :/

gman03

HSC
implicity said:
Question: Do items that get lost at UNSW get easily found?
I lost a brand-new pair of glasses today (I only got them on Saturday) and I'm really hoping the $400 I paid for them hasn't gone down the drain..
I've contacted the e-spot but I only realised they were missing when I got home.. which was about 4-5 hours after I'd lost them.

I am so screwed.
where did you go today?

visited any toilets of the sort? place glasses down to wash your face?

I lost my watch one time in Rex Vowels. It was there the entire weekend and no one notice it (or maybe someone had spat on it but meh it's still functional)

EDIT: Oh wait you did mention toilets... the cleaning lady had probably binned them.

Last edited:

implicity

HSC
gman03 said:
where did you go today?

visited any toilets of the sort? place glasses down to wash your face?

I lost my watch one time in Rex Vowels. It was there the entire weekend and no one notice it (or maybe someone had spat on it but meh it's still functional)

EDIT: Oh wait you did mention toilets... the cleaning lady had probably binned them.
Binned them... as in garbage bin? :worried:
I went to check at the e-spot yesterday morning and afternoon but nothing's shown up.. they're gonna get into contact with me asap if something comes in though. Argh. I curse my forgetfulness and stupidity lol.

gman03

HSC
implicity said:
Binned them... as in garbage bin? :worried:
I went to check at the e-spot yesterday morning and afternoon but nothing's shown up.. they're gonna get into contact with me asap if something comes in though. Argh. I curse my forgetfulness and stupidity lol.
It is possible, but let's just hope you didn't left it in the toilets?

Did you visit the library yesterday? perhaps left that on the shelf? Check the drawer at the front of every lecture theatre you visit (in fact any tutorial rooms as well)

implicity

HSC
gman03 said:
It is possible, but let's just hope you didn't left it in the toilets?

Did you visit the library yesterday? perhaps left that on the shelf? Check the drawer at the front of every lecture theatre you visit (in fact any tutorial rooms as well)
I definately left them on the ledge above the sink below the mirror in the bathrooms by the colennade.

Raginsheep

HSC
Speaking of lost items........did anyone happen to find a red/grey pencil case in either Mathews A or Physics 2day?

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Raginsheep said:
Speaking of lost items........did anyone happen to find a red/grey pencil case in either Mathews A or Physics 2day?
Yes, I am holding this pencil hostage. You shall find in terurned after you pay one quarter of a million dollars.

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
GRAAaaaaah somebody nicked my wallet today. I have a suspect, but need proof. Time for Magnum P.I.

implicity

HSC
My glasses still haven't been found :(
But I ended up buying a new pair (the same pair) today, luckily they're on sale so I only got them for $315 unlike the $400 I paid 3 weeks ago lol. I'll be picking them up either tomorrow or the day after.

If my lost glasses end up getting turned in.. which i HIGHLY doubt.. I'm gonna have to sell them on ebay or something. Gah!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
just wear contacts 24/7

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
implicity said:
My glasses still haven't been found :(
But I ended up buying a new pair (the same pair) today, luckily they're on sale so I only got them for $315 unlike the $400 I paid 3 weeks ago lol. I'll be picking them up either tomorrow or the day after.

If my lost glasses end up getting turned in.. which i HIGHLY doubt.. I'm gonna have to sell them on ebay or something. Gah!
were they covered by health insurance?

implicity

HSC
velox said:
were they covered by health insurance?
Nope :(

and Jago - I already wear contacts most of the time, and I've resorted to an old pair of glasses for the past week at home lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)