• I'm a boy and I'm hella sexy

Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
grk_styl said:
I have a question:

is it possible to lose weight but not lose weight? Or let me rephrase: is it possible to "appear" skinnier (everyone says you've lost weight) have your clothes not fit you anymore, but still be the same weight you have been for the last 6 months?
yeah, even if your sitting around not exercising haha!
those crap happens, i swear i have dropped a dress size and more, everyone says i have gone skinner but i have not mangaed to go down in the weight way...

and i do not do ney exercise since it was the hsc and at the moment relaxing... so... a slob and getting skinner but weight is not dropping....

now i am a freak...:wave:

bimbo_

HSC
i was just wondering if anyone knows any good ways to tone the upper body.
i'm actually in the healthy weight range-i'm 165cm and weigh 63kg, but the thing is, i dont think my fat is evenly distributed. You see, my legs are really really skinny but my upper body is soooo flabbly!

PrettyVacant

HSC
bimbo_ said:
i was just wondering if anyone knows any good ways to tone the upper body.
i'm actually in the healthy weight range-i'm 165cm and weigh 63kg, but the thing is, i dont think my fat is evenly distributed. You see, my legs are really really skinny but my upper body is soooo flabbly!
You can't make one part of your body skinnier, and fat distribution is mostly up to genetics, so can't change your "shape" per se. But you can tone the upper body, though not reduce it's flabbiness, just make it more muscular and stuff.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Anyone read Russh magazine?

There was that article that said you can tone and tighten your waist by holding it in really tightly for a minute at a time.

Don't know if it is BS, but i'll give it a go.

Used to have a really tiny waist, with regular sized hips and breasts, but my waist is slowly conforming to the rest of my body...

PS, getting a $35 membership to my uni gym tomorrow, SUCH a bargain.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
oooh i read that alleycat
i was like "YESSSSSSSSS"
i did this wierd ab thing at the gym where you kinda sat in a position for like 2 mins and yr abs were holding you basically. it hurt baaaaaaaaaad. but was good

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
Yes I found my motivation to lose weight. (not this thread)
can't let that stomach keep ballooning up in the intensive out-of-control route
first of all, I need patience
(can't expect it to all change too quickly) and then I need to be consistent
once you get used to eating lesser and lesser at night it wouldn't be as hard as it sounds

HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
Anyone read Russh magazine?

There was that article that said you can tone and tighten your waist by holding it in really tightly for a minute at a time.

Don't know if it is BS, but i'll give it a go.

Used to have a really tiny waist, with regular sized hips and breasts, but my waist is slowly conforming to the rest of my body...

PS, getting a $35 membership to my uni gym tomorrow, SUCH a bargain.
^ That'll work if you're actually using your ab muscles. But it will do jack all if you're just breathing in and pushing your rib cage up :p

It's a bit like giving an expensive pen to a kid and saying if they use it wisely, it will help them get a UAI of 100. Technically this is possible, but you need to do other things, you know? lol

Pilates is the best of stomach muscle exercises. 'The Hundred' in particular has verying degrees of difficulty but is AWESOME. There's also an exercise called 'the plank' (otherwise known as 'hover') which works your abs like nothing else.

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
I heard somewhere that Pilates doesn't help you lose weight. It just leaves you feeling more energized and 'powerfulll'
is that true, to some degree?
can someone elaborate, please

HSC
N/A
Technically, 'weight training' or anything like pilates or even some forms of yoga can help you 'lose weight'. Granted, it tends to be (for the most part) lower intensity than say, cardio, but you can still get some good results from it. Most people agree that a mixture of cardio and light/medium weight-training is best for getting a body into tip-top shape.

As for feeling 'energised', lol. Doing ono 'hundred' and holding it for 15 seconds is like doing 30 situps (I'd do several of these in succession before moving onto other exercises). Do I feel energised at the end? Hell no! lol. My stomach muscles get a nice workout though... more blood pumps into muscles, heart beats a bit faster to accomodate this, energy is used up, etc etc. You definately still burn kilojoules from pilates, in addition to strengthening muscles - which cardio doesn't really do as well :) This may be where the 'powerful' line comes in lol...

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
pardon me, what is
ono 'hundred' ?

by the way thanks for that glitterfairy

HSC
N/A
It's a pilates exercise. It kinda looks like a "V" shape, and yes, it's painful >.< lol

And you're welcome :)

I haven't done pilates in a while, really want to get back into it though :( 'tis awesome for core stability, plus it's not as boring as doing situps over and over again :D (I get bored of repetitions easily)

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
sounds interesting, i wonder how it's painful :) never tried
yeah situps..i tried a long time ago, to go consistently.didn't last long

HSC
N/A
Well, lie down on the ground. Raise your legs (straight) about 30 degrees off the ground. Lift your arms directly above you, forming a perpendicular angle to your body. Now, KEEPING YOUR LEGS WHERE THEY ARE, raise your upper body (in a straight line) 30 degrees off the ground. Then stay there for a while.

Congratulations, this is a basic 'Hundred', or 'V' :)

It's pretty darn hard... most people who try it for the first time and find it 'easy' only do so because they're curving their backs and cheating :p lol. If you do try this and experience neck pain, you are not using your abdominal muscles enough and are at risk of injuring your neck. "Please exercise caution!" :D

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
Well, lie down on the ground. Raise your legs (straight) about 30 degrees off the ground. Lift your arms directly above you, forming a perpendicular angle to your body. Now, KEEPING YOUR LEGS WHERE THEY ARE, raise your upper body (in a straight line) 30 degrees off the ground. Then stay there for a while.

Congratulations, this is a basic 'Hundred', or 'V' :)

It's pretty darn hard... most people who try it for the first time and find it 'easy' only do so because they're curving their backs and cheating :p lol. If you do try this and experience neck pain, you are not using your abdominal muscles enough and are at risk of injuring your neck. "Please exercise caution!" :D
gosh it sounds painful already! but seems like it could really give you nice abs

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
The plank is awesome for that too.

So is this thing where you lie straight on your back, lift you legs up so they are as perpendicular to your body as they can be. Then move your legs back and forth across each other, the movement that you do when you twiddle your thumbs.

After awhile your abs absolutely start to ache but it's really good for them.

HSC
N/A
Not neccessarily. There are like, 7 main types of yoga... they range from what I'd call "restful"/meditative, to pretty hardcore (like Ashtanga), which is usually practiced in 30 degree heat or something. Whoo!

Fairytale

HSC
N/A
Catwalk said:
i'm trying to lose weight before school starts again and it's so, so hard. when i go out i eat junk, when i'm home i eat junk as well.

is anyone else trying to lose weight? maybe we could all share tips or something.

im 160cm and i weigh 51kg currently. i wanna be 46kg in 4 weeks time. realistic or not?

anyway, how much do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh?

(btw, im not sure where to post this. just posted in F+L cos i figured more girls browse this forum)
I think your weight is great for your height. I have a friend who is exactly the same height and weight as you and she has a fantastic body (but then I guess it depends on where the fat is distributed on your body and whether your body is well-proportioned.) I am 169cm and 51kg and I am trying to gain a couple of kgs because I think I'm a bit too thin. And btw, I am Asian.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)