losing weight at GYM? (1 Viewer)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Vangineer said:
losing weight is nearly impossible unless u work urself out to the max like that TV show,

but if u go gym, u can build bulk and not get fatter = )
ur wrong...
i lost 15 kg just by changing wat i ate and exercising twice a week
i wouldnt call that working out to the max

Amryllis

HSC
mizz smee, what exercise did you do and what did you change in your diet to lose that much weight? I'm trying to lose some weight myself...

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i went to the gym and did one class a week...
and spent probably 1 hour there two times i week
(usually less)
and if i didnt feel like either of them
i would just go for a walk along the lake
or up a mountain track....
u dont have to go to the gym...

Collin

HSC
N/A
Dude, you don't need to join the gym to lose weight. It's mainly important if you're also looking to increase your basal metabolic rate permanently via muscle growth.

To lose weight from an overall simple outlook, you simply need to burn more calories than you eat. Modify your diet to increase meal frequency and decrease meal size, while also reducing your intake of sugar and saturated fats. Overall, decrease your caloric intake while increasing your activity level. This includes both incidental exercise aswell as intended exercise, such as jogging regimes.

Never fad diet.

Never starve yourself.

Never suddenly go on an extreme regime.

Never completely cut out your favorite foods.

If you do want to gain muscle to help fat burn, then concentrate on heavy weights, low reps. Good muscle overall muscle builders are compound exercises such as bench presses, chinups, pullups, weighted pushups, squats, deadlifts, shoulder presses etc.

Stretch before and after each exercise (but make sure your muscles are already warmed up).

Consume a little bit of sugar and some fast acting protein (e.g protein drinks) after a workout to decrease the state of your body being in a catabolic mode due to the decrease of testosterone (especially true if your workout extends longer than 48min) and the influx of cortisol which tends to reduce your potential results.

Make sure you get lots of protein per day. Around 2.5xYourWeight(kg).

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
I have been going to gym since early december. I gotta say, its one of the best decision i've made for some time. Once ya enter the gym, then ya fully motivated.

Here's a great tip i learnt. Always have a log with you. Draw up a chart and list ya excercies. eg. leg curl, 45 degree leg press, SM bench press, whatever. Then every time ya have gym session, list the mass of weight. Remember...how can ya break records if there ain't any?

I wake up 6am...have a morning jog on an empty stomach then eat 1/2 cup fo cereal, two vegimite toast and an apple (very low GI).

Then hit the gym at around 8am...do 35min of cardio then do weights for 40min.

After that, i eat those oat bars..like those kellogs. For people who are serious about excercising, ya meant to have 5 to 6 meals a day. Its not as difficult as it seams. Its meant to spread out ya energy so ya have energy throughout the day instead of a sudden burst like high GI. Havn't eaten fast food for weeks. No coke. I'm not one of those peeps who craves food while watching those food ads.

I go to gym every 2nd days. Havn't missed training since coming back from Christmas vacation. Between training i do cardio work like swimming, jogging, walking along steap hills. etc.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JKDDragon again =(
owellz....whoa good advice ;)

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
i use to go tha gym near my place..
i want to go back.. but *sigh* $$$
i'd rather work..
saw these weights @ paul's w.house, price been reduced.. lol me buying weights?! LOL

Amryllis

HSC
I went to the UniGym for 2 weeks straight before coz I wanted to take advantage of my 1-month membership but I didn't really lose any weight... My muscles got a bit more toned though. Same with dancing these days. I've been going like 3-4 times a week for the past couple of weeks. I know I'm getting slimmer but the weight it still there and keeps fluctuating. I really want to lose the weight! GRRR!!

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
Low intensity. ya should really focus on cardio. Keep ya heart rate between 70-80% of max.

In 1.5hrs in gym, ya should dedicate around 45min on good cardio. Walking on treadmill is not good enough.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Miliux said:
Low intensity. ya should really focus on cardio. Keep ya heart rate between 70-80% of max.

In 1.5hrs in gym, ya should dedicate around 45min on good cardio. Walking on treadmill is not good enough.
More like 60% to 70%. The burning ratio of carbs to fat is pretty unoptimal (for fat loss) at 80% (even if you're extremely young).

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Miliux said:

walking isn't good enough?? oh crappp

coz what i do

is 20 minutes on treadmill for 20 minutes (i do 2.2k distance) then i do weights and stuff for 5-1-minutes and then i go on the excercise bike for 15 minutes and then i do 60 squats and then i do some light weights for 5 minutes and then i go back on the tread and do 2.2k is 20 minutes....

pleasssee tell me this is good enough for weight loss??? :S:S

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Amryllis what uis the problem? From what you are saying you are looking slimmer and feeling slimmer and more toned. Weight is just a number all of these things are just numbers.

These numbers only exist to help us look good and feel great. If the numbers don't seem work so what you look good and feel great.

All of that said there is a logical reason: Your tone is increasing, your fat is decreasing. Muscle is denser than fat. So if you loose 1kg of fat and put on 1kg of muscle you will look and feel better however your weight will not have changed.

Amryllis

HSC
Yeah, that's true. But I'm just saying that there's still some extra kilos/fat that I'd love to shed.

If just walking isn't exercise enough, then brisk walking should do right?

I know that low intensity is the best for burning fat and as you increase the intensity you move towards burning sugar. What would you classify doing a 1 hour and 45 mins dance class as?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
What kind of dance? How much of that time is spent streteching warming up and holding positions as opposed to dancing?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i joined fitness first gym today
i dont know..i think im regretting it
its 40 bux a fortnight
so 20 bux a week
i dont even think i will go enough times
like once a week if im lucky

plus i have no one to go with
they rang me saying i won some free trial..total bullshit..it was a tour around the gym..then they sed they would knock back 100 bux from the joining fees if i join today
so i did..on the spot decision
now..i dunno..
but hopefully i will go as much as i can..im always bored..and wasting time on here
so i guess i'll make the most of it

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
clairegirl said:
walking isn't good enough?? oh crappp

coz what i do

is 20 minutes on treadmill for 20 minutes (i do 2.2k distance) then i do weights and stuff for 5-1-minutes and then i go on the excercise bike for 15 minutes and then i do 60 squats and then i do some light weights for 5 minutes and then i go back on the tread and do 2.2k is 20 minutes....

pleasssee tell me this is good enough for weight loss??? :S:S
Try 20min on treadmill speed between 9 and 11. (I do 11 for 20min). Then ya finished ya resistance session, go do another 20min between 9 and 11.

IceBreaker

HSC
JKDDragon said:
Dude, you don't need to join the gym to lose weight. It's mainly important if you're also looking to increase your basal metabolic rate permanently via muscle growth.

To lose weight from an overall simple outlook, you simply need to burn more calories than you eat. Modify your diet to increase meal frequency and decrease meal size, while also reducing your intake of sugar and saturated fats. Overall, decrease your caloric intake while increasing your activity level. This includes both incidental exercise aswell as intended exercise, such as jogging regimes.

Never fad diet.

Never starve yourself.

Never suddenly go on an extreme regime.

Never completely cut out your favorite foods.

If you do want to gain muscle to help fat burn, then concentrate on heavy weights, low reps. Good muscle overall muscle builders are compound exercises such as bench presses, chinups, pullups, weighted pushups, squats, deadlifts, shoulder presses etc.

Stretch before and after each exercise (but make sure your muscles are already warmed up).

Consume a little bit of sugar and some fast acting protein (e.g protein drinks) after a workout to decrease the state of your body being in a catabolic mode due to the decrease of testosterone (especially true if your workout extends longer than 48min) and the influx of cortisol which tends to reduce your potential results.

Make sure you get lots of protein per day. Around 2.5xYourWeight(kg).
you sound like a dietician lol

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
he's a pretty dedicated gym-guy.

or so i've heard...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
69^boi said:
hi ppl i was just wondering wot gym is like, is it really good?
ok i break it to you straight:

well, you see im a pretty fat bastard and after the hsc i wanna lose all those fat
of my thighs, ass, tummi and chest(manboobs) oh yea and i cut out damm fuken junk foods like krispykreme, marebars, doritos, &maccas

whch gym do you go?? does it cost alot?

Much appreciated
Well as i have been told eating lettuce burns more calories then it contains so it makes u lose weight, as weight lose is all about using more calories then you consume

stainmepink

HSC
isnt it embarrasing going to the gym with really built macho guys with veins sticking out of their muscles running on both teadmills beside you, running twice as fast and looking over at your screen constantly to see how many calories you've burned off ...

i find that so intimadating .. *runs off and cries*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)