• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

losing motivation (1 Viewer)

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
need help people . how do i keep motivated in school? i'm getting sorta... bored with school ?! i have one more exam this week before the school holidays start and i feel like i'm gonna start slacking off soon. when i start to 'slack off' it means i bludge n i don't study when i should be. especially for an exam. it's 2u english. bleh. gotta write different readings on Othello. bleh.

and i don't want this 'slacking off' thing to happen when term II starts either =\ any ideas that would help?! thanks~

Ziff

HSC
N/A
You're only in year 11. I say do the bare minimum, go hard in year 12 and by the time you get to uni you'll be like the rest of the population drowning their sorrows with alcohol :p

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Dont Worry HANG IN THERE..
but if all fails
"theres always tafe" (words provided from an anonymous bos user)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
yeh dont over work in yr 11 or u'll be screwed for yr12 coz u'll be sick of hard work.......unless u are heaps heaps motivated to begin wit
and gee, doesn't that sound familiar :p

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
yeh screw year 11... just hand in the stuff you HAVE to hand in, in order to pass. And don't worry, just think about how much bloody fun its going to be in Uni (if you choose to go to Uni) or wherever you go once you leave school. And dont listen to the bullshit about "school is the best part of your life". Hang in there, you'll do well :D

KarmaKitten

HSC
i did okay in year 11, im trying harder now and so far so good, obviously i still have my weaknesses, i think year 11 should be used to determine these weaknesses

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yr 11 mainly got me used to the organisation of the hsc. like modules in english and the three sections in modern and 4 in economics. junior yrs were full of aimless copying of overheads and textbooks...yr 11 gets u familiar with everything b4 u start the real thing

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I don't imagine you can get really well unless you can top Yr 11 as well.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
thats bullshit. im topping eco and modern and beating many of the ppl who do 3u in 2u maths (english adv is about top 5 in ranking and ext 1 eng is 2nd) , 1st in history ext with an average of 96% so far and i did crap in yr 11. i bludged around and just read the textbooks before the exams.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
Originally posted by Estel
And what school do you go to?
i go to burwood girls. theres like, 180 something students in my year. bleh .

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I meant sarah, but anyhow. My point was unless you go to a school that has three students gettin right up there, year in, year out, getting 3rd in your courses just really isn't that impressive.

In either case, if studying for Year 11 isn't important, it would make life easier, would it not, to work on Year 12 topics? If you really found Year 11 as a total waste of time (Something I don't). :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
yr 11 mainly got me used to the organisation of the hsc. like modules in english and the three sections in modern and 4 in economics. junior yrs were full of aimless copying of overheads and textbooks...yr 11 gets u familiar with everything b4 u start the real thing
lol in some ways i miss the copying of the overhead ( dont have to think!)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
We're doing that in overdrive in Chemistry. Something I really loathe. :(

Our teacher says it's easier than for her to photocopy it, and plus there's a greater chance we'll actually read it.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
im losing motavation coz i was stressing heaps and i was talking to a teacher and she was like dont stress, if u dont geta good uai u can still get into stuff, it will be okay, but im losing motavtion! coz if u dont need to do well like why u know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)