Looking your age. (1 Viewer)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
there was once i was watching my friends (who are my age) play soccer and this girl who was watching as well came up and asked me, "hey, which one is your kid? [u waiting to pick him up after school?]" (thinking I am the parent who came and watch the game)

damn I was so CRUSHED after that
looking old to people when you are so young definitely feels bad.........
I wanna look mature but not THAT mature!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i look older i think
whenever those crazy people hassle me about creating some business or winning some car i can just say 'sorry not 21' and keep walking

vintage.love

HSC
N/A
it depends what i'm wearing. if i'm dressed up i look a few years older than my age but when i'm just wearing normal, street clothes i look my age.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
some people look much older when they put on make up

Skeeta

HSC
tres bien said:
So this guy is talking to us, and he indicates to my mum, "so your daughters are in year 11 (pointing to me) and in year 7 (pointing to my sister)". I got angry, and I said "no, second year uni". He was like "uh... sorry you look much younger!".
oh my fucking god

this exact scenario happened to me the other day when i was shopping iwth mum. he insisted i was still at school.

arsehole

salsydney

HSC
haha funny this thread is here, coz i had an encounter about my age last night... i was always the teenager who was assumed to be in her 20's... like, i'd be 14, and people would assume I was 18, when I was 16 people assumed I was 20, and so forth. Now I'm actually 20, and last night this girl I met was like, "oh i assumed you were around 18-19... you have a real babyface"... w.t.f. how have i gone from miss maturity, to having a baby face?! guess i'll be grateful when im 40 and hopefully dont look it!

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
im 18 and people always thing im 14-16, mainly because of my shortness, then when show ID and tell them they check it thoroughly and then look at me funny...it gives me a bit of a laugh when they realise i am really 18.

ladyknight

HSC
brogan77 said:
I look like a paedophile.

Accurate.
You probably are one. Or you are but you just dont know it yet :) .

İ used to get judged at least 6 years younger than İ was- apparently now İ look a couple years older, but İ think the only thing that changes is the way you present yourself in your attitude and confidence. For example my sister loads on the makeup to go out, and looks more the part, but gives it away in her insecurity and puppy-wanting-to-please-everybody-and-fit-in attitude.

İ reckon its stupid anyway- its better to age gracefully than to speed up your looks to a point in the future and waste your life trying to stay younger at it.
But then again if you have no brain, personality or other wanted trait other than good looks, İ'd be the first to laugh when the wrinkles kick in and you go squeeling to the plastic surgeon in terror...

HSC
N/A
Generally I look younger than I actually am.... I'm 18 in September but think I look about 15ish. In fact in photographs, people actually think my 13 year old sister is the older one.

However, when my dad took me out recently to buy spray paint (18+ law), someone got it completely the other way around. The shop worker stood at the cabinet while I was going through picking heaps of colours. He looked a little puzzled at why I was getting so much, and asked what it was for. I replied "Oh, it's for my HSC major work for art" and he looked a little stunned and says "Wha? HSC?". He then looked at my dad, then me, then back at my dad again, and said in a slightly bewildered/embarrased tone - "Sorry sir! I thought she was your wife!"

:rofl:

Who knows!

katy-g

HSC
i think i look my age. Ive been mistaken for older but i think that was just some people trying to flatter me a little...

I wouldnt be offended by people thinking im younger... i dont think anyway.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i think most people think i'm around my age.
when i was little (mid primary school) my bro and i were the same height/build, and got mistaken for twins when shopping with mum (he's 2.5 years older than me). these days he looks nothing like me, he shot up heaps (5'10"+) and i'm still darn short (5'4")..not cool :(

i used to have this family living near me and theis girls caught the bus to school with me (their primary school was down the road from my high school). they were pretty short still...when my friends and i first met the girls, they looked like they were in year 3 and year 1, when they were in year 5 and year 3. it was crazy how young they looked

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Iam 18. i am pretty sure i look 18, i might be able to push 19 if ive just woken up, unshaved and wearing shitty clothes like i wear around the house.

When i was 16 people thought i was 18, and ever since ive been working and in work clothes, people assume i am 18.... unshaven and in work clothes = 19

When i was about 12 people thought i was like 7 though... i guess i didnt have any growth spurts when i was young...saved em all up for puberty.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
When I was 16 I still looked like I was 13 =\
Im 18 now, and I still look a tad youngish.
God damned late puberty.

Oh well, sucked in to you guys who had to shave since they were 14.
And I'll still look young when im older :)

Skeeta

HSC
I got asked for ID to get into a MA15+ movie, about a month after my 18th.

I almost cried.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Skeeta said:
I got asked for ID to get into a MA15+ movie, about a month after my 18th.

I almost cried.
Same.
cept id already paid for the ticket and she was about to give it to me and was like

".....oh um..do you have id? :S"

I just smiled and larfed at her before throwing her my ID

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I think I look my age.Some people guess my age right or some either say I look a yr or two older or younger then I am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)