Looking forward to the future... But struggling to survive the present. Anyone else? (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
Re: Looking forward to the future... But struggling to survive the present. Anyone e

yeah, i'm going to leech off parents til i graduate
they can afford it =DDD

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: Looking forward to the future... But struggling to survive the present. Anyone e

dp624 said:
yeah, i'm going to leech off parents til i graduate
they can afford it =DDD
:O no! you have to have the struggling med student experience!

johnnypaul

HSC
catherinet said:
Anyone else just want to skip over the next year so that you can finally start your life?

I feel kind of trapped.
It's like i'm in a cage being poked by parents/teachers/EVERYONE!

How the hell are we going to make it through another year of this shit?
If you think HSC is hard. Wait till u get till uni.

kuytbird

HSC
60, 000 get through virtually unscathed... But what about the minority who don't? What would you say to those? (just interested.)

Think of it as a challenge. Better then sitting on your ass for your whole life.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
kuytbird said:
60, 000 get through virtually unscathed... But what about the minority who don't? What would you say to those? (just interested.)

Think of it as a challenge. Better then sitting on your ass for your whole life.
I'd say stop partying and getting smashed every single friday night. Do some actual study and stop TRYING to cram 2 days before the exam. It never works.

Oh and yes it does feel like two HSCs at a time, the only difference being that you won't feel the consequences of your actions until either you want to:

a. transfer
b. try to find a summer holiday internship
c. apply for your first job

catherinet

HSC

I'm not even really talking about the workload.

It's just the fact that the people around me are expecting me to act like an adult, while they treat me like a child.

Maybe it's just me...
But i feel that i need a bit more freedom than being allowed to use the microwave at lunch time!

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A

catherinet said:
It's just the fact that the people around me are expecting me to act like an adult, while they treat me like a child.

Maybe it's just me...
No it's not you. You have to keep in mind that adults are often basically kids themselves in adult bodies. They don't see the hypocrisy or the irony in their words and actions.

eggy91

HSC
TehAzner said:
I'd say stop partying and getting smashed every single friday night. Do some actual study and stop TRYING to cram 2 days before the exam. It never works.

Oh and yes it does feel like two HSCs at a time, the only difference being that you won't feel the consequences of your actions until either you want to:

a. transfer
b. try to find a summer holiday internship
c. apply for your first job
Actually i find that cramming the night before helps alot, atleast for me it does. I mean if you cram like 3 hours before then you only need to hold onto that knowledge for a few hours and your fine.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I made it through the HSC. If I can do it, anyone else can. It gets full on sometimes, just remember to do your assignments and tasks as soon as you can after you recieve them.

Then all you really have to worry about is the exams.

dp624

HSC
eggy91 said:
Actually i find that cramming the night before helps alot, atleast for me it does. I mean if you cram like 3 hours before then you only need to hold onto that knowledge for a few hours and your fine.
i dno, im a proponent of the "study throughout term" method
it consolidates stuff and you get to laugh at those who are panicking the night before exams

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
dp624 said:
i dno, im a proponent of the "study throughout term" method
it consolidates stuff and you get to laugh at those who are panicking the night before exams
Thats just mean, just cuz people panic before exams, does not mean they have not done any work..

Last edited:

georgefren

HSC

I study vaguely throughout term. But then cram facts, statistics, quotes ect the night before. You just cant remember those things unless you cram them just beforehand.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
shantu1992 said:
YOU GO TO st clares.. you have a bunch of hotties across the road
you can go flirt with them hahahahahhaa
ew. wankerley boys.

alas, my dear cathy, learn to embrace the inevitable and tell everyone to fuck off so you can work in peace. hit something and you'll be fine.

x

catherinet

HSC

haha,
Hooking up with people at Charing Cross in order to use our "special privilege" to its full advantage.

That's one way to make the year go faster... get expelled!
:p

catherinet

HSC

gouge.away said:
ew. wankerley boys.

alas, my dear cathy, learn to embrace the inevitable and tell everyone to fuck off so you can work in peace. hit something and you'll be fine.

x
*hits Jade*

:D
lol

kuytbird

HSC
TehAzner said:
I could see where you were coming from, but the truth is is that during the term i dont go to parties. Its more the other commitments, like sports and stuff. I feel that during the term, the whole thing is a cram. If your not thinking every second moment about what you can do to improve an assesment or whatever to get 100% then your not getting the best that you can get, which for me is the whole point of the HSC. I dont have saturdays or sundays - its either sport or homework.

Self-motivation is amazing. But with that comes self-pressure, which is a lot worse then anything else.

doopsta786

HSC
yerr i defo want it to be over but dont want to fast foward this year coz its going to go so fast as it is i dont want it to be over also because the thougth of uni as xciting as it is seems kinda scary different routine no school drifint apart from friends a completely different world

chantszhin

HSC
Man.....does anyone know when school starts??? LOL
Anyway back on topic,,,,,,,,ARHHH im so jealous of the year 12's of 08!!! Probably never felt this way because probably not as close as the other years above, but watching them leave school!!! and on their crazy holidays........i want this to be over!!!!! Let's do our best :]

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
chantszhin said:
Anyway back on topic,,,,,,,,ARHHH im so jealous of the year 12's of 08!!! Probably never felt this way because probably not as close as the other years above, but watching them leave school!!! and on their crazy holidays........i want this to be over!!!!! Let's do our best :]
Don't Worry, it'll be over ebfore you know it ;)

at times it will seem long and you want it to be over, but the day you graduate you will feel as if it was just the blink of an eye, or at least that's how i felt

KeepHoldingOn

HSC
chantszhin said:

Do not panic and stress out...the last 2 years went so fast!!!
Put the effort in to complete assignments (on time) and study hard for the tests
Your teachers are there to help so don't be afraid to ask them =]

Don't wish it to be over so hastily because it is seriously the best time of your life
It will be stressful and hard but in the end it is so rewarding

Good Luck with the HSC :read:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)