• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Looking for professional tutor in Kogarah area (1 Viewer)

davidw89

HSC
Does anyone know any teachers/ professional tutors in the Kogarah areas. Must be able to teach Math 3U/Physic (Year 11) and must have previous experience. Let me know. My number is in the signature.

Tand'em

HSC
davidw89 said:
Does anyone know any teachers/ professional tutors in the Kogarah areas. Must be able to teach Math 3U/Physic (Year 11) and must have previous experience. Let me know. My number is in the signature.
I dont noe about u, but im in year 10, and currently study at Dr Du Coaching Centre. I dont noe about the physics, but the maths is really good! its a tad expensive, but its well worth it...they have a pretty good reputation. Its not exactly in the kogarah area, but its in hurstville, so its close enuf. if u want to have a go, the number is 9586 3969

Life Starts Now

stressful?...NEVER!
HSC
I've been to Dr. Du..... his maths teaching it pretty good, he mostly teaches the derivation of formulas which is really handy to know.. but sometimes gets annoying....

As for Physics.. I went there for a couple of lessons... he teaches Physics like maths.... he shows you the derivation of Physics formulas but doesn't really 'teach' the other stuff.. like theory... but I did only go for a few lessons so it may have been different later I don't know.. so don't go by what I say totally..

Another thing... yes Dr. Du is a pretty good teacher in maths.. but his 'coaching centre' is mostly all about money... they appear to treasure the money over giving their students a better education.. they charge for everything you do... even if you fax something to them and they need to use paper and ink.. I guess they are only just doing business but they already charge extra money for 'material fees' which I thought would include things like that... but I guess I shouldn't judge their teaching quality by their love for money...

Just letting you know... his good.. but if you aren't willing to spend your money then you should think about it..... But he is a pretty good maths teacher.. his way of teaching it is great...hope this helps...

abshivakumar

HSC
N/A
davidw89 said:
[FONT=&quot]Hi , I am shiv math tutor from India . I would like to tell about me . I am a very qualified tutor with a love for my subject. I will give you lots of positive feedback and encouragement . however I will not fail to you when you are wrong . I believe that I make learning fun for the student. I am patient and, I am willing to take the time to make sure the student fully understands the topic of interest. In addition, I believe that I have the ability to relate with children of all ages and am able to enter their world of thought. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most importantly, I am able to build a relationship of trust with the student. I believe that there are many students out there that do not perform well academically just because they don't have someone that can sit down and work with them one-on-one. At this point, I have the time and the will to help these students. Seeing them succeed is a great gratification[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
My tutoring activity is only through net , If student have Internet connection then i will sit with student VIRTUALLY and help he / she to get good grade in the exam . The software that I use for online tutoring support white board , voice and chat . You won't need to download any special software or make any technical adjustments to your computer. If you can open an email and view a Web page, you can take advantage of some great technology. There is no difference between traditional way of tutoring with online tutoring with respect to student understanding and learning point of view . Because of online tutoring student need not to waste the precious time by travelling to tutors home . If student don't have computer , he/she can attend the classes in any Internet cafe[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

abshivakumar

HSC
N/A
Tand'em said:
I dont noe about u, but im in year 10, and currently study at Dr Du Coaching Centre. I dont noe about the physics, but the maths is really good! its a tad expensive, but its well worth it...they have a pretty good reputation. Its not exactly in the kogarah area, but its in hurstville, so its close enuf. if u want to have a go, the number is 9586 3969
[FONT=&quot]Hi , I am shiv math tutor from India . I would like to tell about me . I am a very qualified tutor with a love for my subject. I will give you lots of positive feedback and encouragement . however I will not fail to you when you are wrong . I believe that I make learning fun for the student. I am patient and, I am willing to take the time to make sure the student fully understands the topic of interest. In addition, I believe that I have the ability to relate with children of all ages and am able to enter their world of thought. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most importantly, I am able to build a relationship of trust with the student. I believe that there are many students out there that do not perform well academically just because they don't have someone that can sit down and work with them one-on-one. At this point, I have the time and the will to help these students. Seeing them succeed is a great gratification[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
My tutoring activity is only through net , If student have Internet connection then i will sit with student VIRTUALLY and help he / she to get good grade in the exam . The software that I use for online tutoring support white board , voice and chat . You won't need to download any special software or make any technical adjustments to your computer. If you can open an email and view a Web page, you can take advantage of some great technology. There is no difference between traditional way of tutoring with online tutoring with respect to student understanding and learning point of view . Because of online tutoring student need not to waste the precious time by travelling to tutors home . If student don't have computer , he/she can attend the classes in any Internet cafe[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

abshivakumar

HSC
N/A
Life Starts Now said:
I've been to Dr. Du..... his maths teaching it pretty good, he mostly teaches the derivation of formulas which is really handy to know.. but sometimes gets annoying....

As for Physics.. I went there for a couple of lessons... he teaches Physics like maths.... he shows you the derivation of Physics formulas but doesn't really 'teach' the other stuff.. like theory... but I did only go for a few lessons so it may have been different later I don't know.. so don't go by what I say totally..

Another thing... yes Dr. Du is a pretty good teacher in maths.. but his 'coaching centre' is mostly all about money... they appear to treasure the money over giving their students a better education.. they charge for everything you do... even if you fax something to them and they need to use paper and ink.. I guess they are only just doing business but they already charge extra money for 'material fees' which I thought would include things like that... but I guess I shouldn't judge their teaching quality by their love for money...

Just letting you know... his good.. but if you aren't willing to spend your money then you should think about it..... But he is a pretty good maths teacher.. his way of teaching it is great...hope this helps...

davidw89

HSC
Life Starts Now said:

i Second this..the place is just about making profits
for exampel they changed the A class timeslot on Friday from 4.30-7.30pm to 6-9pm so that they can fit an extra class in. Same goes for Tuesday/Thursday's class

I changed to Harry's Education Centre now..so much better...the guy actually gives u his own material..on top of thaat hes a nice bloke

Cattiva

HSC
St. George Advance Coaching, Blakehurst.
Ask for a free trial lesson to test it out, but i can pretty much promise that you'll be impressed. Most of the tutors are uni students who have recently competed the HSC and attained impressive UAI's. This is a benefit because they are very familiar with the syllabus and are easy to understand. There's nothing worse than getting a genius as a tutor... but they have no social or teaching skills.
I suggest Tamara for Physics and 3 unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)