looking for name of artist! (1 Viewer)

AmieLea

HSC
hey, i remember seeing in a book somewhere where a guy did a performance artwork where he cut open his prosphic arm, although the audience didn't know it was fake. i could've sworn his name was mark par or something like that, but i can't find it on google anywhere! help! :jedi:

sazlik

Flailing Nerd
HSC
Yup, just found it on Wikipedia. You were right; his name is Mike Parr:

Parr's early works were designed to get a reaction from the audience one of Parr's earlier works, he sits in front of his audience and begins talking to them. Most of the people in the audience have no idea that he has one prosthetic arm. Suddenly he gets out an axe and begins hacking into his prosthetic arm which he has filled with minced meat and fake blood.
(Mike Parr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Obviously not a great source for information, but a quick Google session suggests that he's your guy. :) Hope that helps!

ButtonsPWD

HSC
if you're doing performance art, bodymod etc, you should definitely check out stelarc, and his assosciated acts. we just started on this case study in class so chances are you're doing something similar. (i dont know much about it as of yet) :shy:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Marina Abramović is another great name to check out. The Grandmother of Performance Art.

pman

Banned
HSC
thers this other guy, don't know his name that "swallows" a coin and passes it down the inside of his arm, just under the skin then cuts it out, not sure who he is though

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
@pman: There's a few people who do that. It's also done as a magic trick as well.

AmieLea

HSC
haha, thanks guys! but i was just asking for general knowledge lol. though performance art is really interesting, so i might go check out notes on those recommendations! :sun:

Geoffo11

HSC
Performance art:

Creativity at its finest. The pinnacle of what humans can do in regards to art…
Old masters have nothing on people who cut themselves just to call themselves artists.
Hell, I should just go to art school and cut myself! I'll fit in with the emos and the entire performance art scene.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)