Looking for a phone (1 Viewer)

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
I'm looking to buy a new flip phone with an external screen for under $200. Any recommendations?

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
Z1010 on 3 pre-paid at a heavily subsidised price of $195, and comes with $75 credit! Can't beat it at the price. Stocks are running low so hurry up and get it now.

NOTE: It comes locked onto the 3 network, so if you want to use another network such as Optus, you'd have to get it unlocked for around $35.

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lol.
but you need to be on 3 to use that phone - 3's rates are reasonably expensive. costs a fuckload to SIM-UNLOCK™ that phone aswell.

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
Okay then, if you don't want the Z1010, try the Z200 then? Optus offer it I think.

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
What's wrong with it? My friend has one, and it looked and functioned alright to me. It's not that expensive either. It looked pretty crummy on the Sony Ericsson website though.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
it's chunkily big, has a tiny screen which is near impossible to see in daylight, is laggy (esp. when ur fast at writing SMS)

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
Hmm, I'm out of recommendations then. I got over the chunkiness of my Z1010 very quickly, and I've been very content with the phone.

In reality, there isn't very much choice for small/good flip-phones for under $200 (not saying they don't exist). If ParagonAZN doesn't mind the chunk factor of the Z1010/Z200, I think they would be quite good. Got any suggestions there BreaKing?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
flip phones are all about style so you pay a premium for that style :)
but yeah the z1010 is a bloody excellent phone, provided you don't mind using the 3 network.
as for the z200 (and this is just my opinion), i would rather spend $200 on a better quality bar-style phone, such as the t610.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i love my new Z1010!
i upgarded from a T610....which is a good phone but no way can it compare with the Z1010

i got it from '3' for $195, unlocked. you just have to know people to get it unlocked
most will do it for $40! even 195 + 40 for this phone is a bargain!

yes it is chunkie, and i can't put my phone and PDA in the same pocket anymore because of this, used to be able to with T610 and a PDA all in one jeans pocket :)

i highly recomend the Z1010

although i hate sony, but sony-ericsson has the best User interface at the moment, i hate to use a nokia or a moto

timace

haaarrr.
HSC
redslert said:
sony-ericsson has the best User interface at the moment, i hate to use a nokia or a moto
Series 60 Nokia (Symbian OS) = the best UI. I've been using a Nokia 3650 for a while now, with a 2100 for my shitty plan SIM card.

I swear never to go back to S-E after the T230. Worst phone ever. More disappointing than the Nokia 2600.

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
I was going to buy the LG C1100 on virgin. It was nice and small and i liked the keypad. But there was no external screen, only a fkn gay mirror instead. I kinda like the Sumsung E100 but its too expensive right now. Think i'll just go for a nokia 3100 instead.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Those phones (from what I've seen) cost more than their non-flip counterparts and if you're going on a plan then chances are you'll end up paying the same price eventually due to the plan itself..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)