lookin faw a tutor... (1 Viewer)

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
yeah the person who topped it got 101... one mark higher than Keypad's 100. LOL :D

board of study is totally weird... why can't they just make a different ranking system for 4u students instead of saying that the actual top of the 3u exam came second because he/she did 4u... but a 'she' is highly unlikely... its math :p
I think they just want to make sure that the top 3 unit student who didn't do 4u maths isn't disadvantaged (same thing for 2 unit students who didn't do 3u maths)... they may well be capable of doing 3 unit - you can be good at something that you don't like, and similarly be bad at something that you really like.

And although a 'she' is unlikely, it's not highly :D as the years go on, i think 'she's would be much better at maths/science, and similarly 'he's be much better at english/humanity

Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
a she can not think like a he. its really in the chromosomes and your genome build that is affecting one's ability. i have reason to believe that this smart at math and science, and crap at language and coordination gene is at the Y chromosome... so if you were lucky enough to recieve a Y chromosome then you'll most likely be better at math than 50% of the people if you tried equally as hard.
:rolleyes: don't you think social environment got something to do with that? considering all the good maths/science female elites were rarely acknowledged because whilst they may have achieved to the same extent as their male counterparts, they may also have been burdened with other family chores? (i read about a few really really great female mathematicians in our maths corridor... and i couldn't help feeling disappointed). And plus, many girls, even in 2004 now, ain't receiving a proper education... we may be missing out on a lotta female genius ;)
Whilst 'tis true observation that boys tend to perform better at maths/science than girls, I think it has nothing to do with having a Y chromosome - although on the other hand, genetically speaking, many hereditary diseases have a greater impact on males than females, in simple terms: Xgood Xbad mostly make a female carrier, but Xbad Ygood or Xgood Ybad would make the guy done for...

Originally posted by KeyPadSDM
All those extra genes just fuck with the head. Most females are too confused about themselves to even contemplate doing well in maths.
:eek: judging on the explicit extent to which you know what goes on in the head of ladies, I s'ppose you have done the operation already... :D

Last edited:

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by mercury
And although a 'she' is unlikely, it's not highly :D as the years go on, i think 'she's would be much better at maths/science, and similarly 'he's be much better at english/humanity
what do you mean years go on? you're sexiest as well merc... a 'he' will always rule in math and science (not the hsc version), just like a 'she' will always be good at the so called 'humanity' subjects and langauge. she talks he thinks... its how evolution made us. :p

abdooooo!!!

Banned
:rolleyes: don't you think social environment got something to do with that? considering all the good maths/science female elites were rarely acknowledged because whilst they may have achieved to the same extent as their male counterparts, they may also have been burdened with other family chores? (i read about a few really really great female mathematicians in our maths corridor... and i couldn't help feeling disappointed). And plus, many girls, even in 2004 now, ain't receiving a proper education... we may be missing out on a lotta female genius ;)
Whilst 'tis true observation that boys tend to perform better at maths/science than girls, I think it has nothing to do with having a Y chromosome - although on the other hand, genetically speaking, many hereditary diseases have a greater impact on males than females, in simple terms: Xgood Xbad mostly make a female carrier, but Xbad Ygood or Xgood Ybad would make the guy done for...
hahaha... i know that. we guy's suffer at the hands of the law of probability. but i don't know, i still think guys are good at math and science because of that reason. but it doesn't mean girls can't be good... its just that there must be some form of mutation in the genes to make really really good, or else they're just try hard girls who wants to be mathematicians. :p

edit: but you're right in saying that smart girls are not well received by society because we males are more powerful physically to start with hence we want to destroy you females. so still it comes down to genes. :D

Last edited:

mercury

HSC
why am i sexist? :D What I mean is, proper education for girls only had a short life span (relatively). And i disagree that guys will always rule in maths and science, first of all, define "rule", if you are talking about scientific and mathematical achievements... i concede that currently it's mostly guys, but i hope to see it changed such that there will be more elite female scientists as well. The movement for equal opportunities for all children in all parts of world is still quite young :p

she talks and he thinks.... while that's what appears to be the primary trend, more and more of guys and girls begin to talk AND think... well I hope... hehe :D

mercury

HSC
I really have no idea about what causes the difference in abilities... I always think it's half to do with evolution and half to do with social atmosphere. May be it is the typical bringing up of girls and boys... I don't think it's just in the genes :D

And I disagree that gene mutation is necessary for a girl to become a mathematician :p

but you're right in saying that smart girls are not well received by society because we males are more powerful physically to start with hence we want to destroy you females. so still it comes down to genes.
physically power doesn't necessary make you dominant :D
there are many other means through which girls can make a guy done for (of course i'm not in support of any such means if it had no legitimate purpose). The biological difference between girls and guys have both good and bad sides... nature is fair :p

Perhaps we should move this conversation to the Biology forum.

Last edited:

abdooooo!!!

Banned
why am i sexist? :D What I mean is, proper education for girls only had a short life span (relatively). And i disagree that guys will always rule in maths and science, first of all, define "rule", if you are talking about scientific and mathematical achievements... i concede that currently it's mostly guys, but i hope to see it changed such that there will be more elite female scientists as well. The movement for equal opportunities for all children in all parts of world is still quite young :p

she talks and he thinks.... while that's what appears to be the primary trend, more and more of guys and girls begin to talk AND think... well I hope... hehe :D
you are a girl therefore you are sexist... everyone is... except for them gay people. :D

rule: a standard method or procedure for solving a class of problems. :p

maybe you're right, but its hard to think girls can be good at everything intellectually... if you're saying that girls are disadvantage socially and they are still kicking guys ass in language and humanity then how good will girls be when they realised their full potentials? :confused:

abdooooo!!!

Banned
And I disagree that gene mutation is necessary for a girl to become a mathematician :p
i think my sentence structure is a little off. what i mean is that if a girl wants to be a mathematician there are two ways: try really really hard, or have gene mutation. ;)

so do you try really hard? or are you a mutant? :p

edit: yeah biology lets go to the biology forum. LOL

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
you cant just use social restraint as an excuse... it produces an unrealistic, idealistic, hypothetical what-if scenario :D:p

mercury

HSC
I only admit I'm a feminist... hehe

If all feminists are sexists
then since merc is a feminist
merc is a sexist

Does the first premise stand? Not really, the original intention of feminism is working for gender equality (which I believe our society still lacks, more so in certain places outside Australia). Therefore being a feminist doesn't make me a sexist.

Haha, not really kicking guys ass in language and humanity... most judges and lawyers are still guys :p may be the trend that girls tend to talk more got something to do with that

Girls are full of potentials...

just like guys :p

abdooooo!!!

Banned
so what might be the potential difference? :p ahahahaha

physically power doesn't necessary make you dominant :D
there are many other means through which girls can make a guy done for (of course i'm not in support of any such means if it had no legitimate purpose). The biological difference between girls and guys have both good and bad sides... nature is fair :p
what ways? how do you beat up a guy who is twice your size?

edit: you mean ending humanity by not having sex with us? thats where rape comes in... but there is always suicide. :p

mercury

HSC
Social restraint is no excuses, it's a FACT
All I am saying is, it is true that guys appear more dominant in mathetimacs/science (in fact in a lot of other areas too), but whilst there would be evoluntionary factors, but that's not all, there are social factors as well. Having a world sample of girls and guys of equivalent ages, I can say that the guys are more likely to have received proper education than girls. However if you have a world sample of girls and guys of equivalent ages from similar background receiving equivalent education, the difference in ability would likely to be less.

Social factor is not the entire reason, but it's not a reason to be ignored. :p if you just think about this, 100 years ago, how many girls can go to uni? How many girls actually get to study high level sicence/maths? Then the reason why we don't see any female scientistis or mathematicians having their names well-known, and papers well-published is quite obvious. The capable ones weren't even given an opportunity in the first place.

Right now, mid-late twentieth century and now the twenty-first century, we girls, especially in developing countries and developed countries, are fortunate enough to have this opportunity, that's why I reckon in the forthcoming centuries or so, the largely dominating male science/maths elites would be replaced, going towards more of a balance.

mercury

HSC
I get what ya mean ab... haha... I think I'm a half-mutant and half-try-hard :p although i know some girls who work hard and some who appear to be mutants... hehe

What's your potential difference (against SHE) :p I can work out from there.

There are many ways for girls to revenge... but I shall not go into that :D

The mentioning of rape reminds me of the abortion thread in which the issue was discussed to a great extent :p my personal belief that most victims would just abort rather than commit suicide :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
but abortion is just soo inhumane and uncatholic....

yeah i see you point, but who knows what the future holds :D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Is this turning into a "one chromosone determines what abilities you are good at"?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
yeah social restraint is no excuses, it's a fact. but who cares we guys are already in a dominating position as long as we don't slip up and let a femal become the leader of a country then we'll always be socially more powerful due to the initial phyical advantage. :D

abortion = killing 1 life, suicide = killing 2 lives. i know which one i would choose... suicide. :p

edit: there is a better way out, just have the bastard and treat it like a person. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)