long distance relationships - do they work?? (1 Viewer)

sminti

HSC
Atleast you guys are in the same country...
Imagine long distance, where there is the oceans and seas involved...
Its hard, but if u truly belive and your strong enough, it will work...
Of course there are momments u wonder and at times u jst go crazy, but in the end if it is the right one, then its worth it
TRUST! LOYALTY! COMMUNICATION! LOVE!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
my bf's sister had a long distance with her now hubby. they met when he was here for the paras in 2000 because her cousin was doing voluntary & met him. she was over in canada (he's canadian) for 2+ years with him (i think she got back last year sometime), and i think they've done a bit more of that sort of thing between 2000 and last year. they got married in november, they're a great couple :) they're living in syd now. he's a really sweet guy :D

HSC
N/A
my gf lives 16000 km away :( I saw her for 3 months over xmas and she'll be here in august-october and then im there in november again.

long distance sucks ass but it's doable *nod*

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Silver And Cold said:
my gf lives 16000 km away :( I saw her for 3 months over xmas and she'll be here in august-october and then im there in november again.

long distance sucks ass but it's doable *nod*
you're a guy who put the wrong gender on their profile or a lesbian?

davin

HSC
N/A
coolbluereason said:
lol you're really lucky to live that close to her actually....
my boyfriend atm lives on the east coast of America and I'm in Sydney. it's been 4 months since I've seen him and I won't be seeing him again until after my HSC this November.
I think it really depends on how much you like her and also if you trust her. being a romantic, I'd say go for it, it's definitely worth a try
I hope it all goes well!
wow, i've been beaten on distance now
twice in a row

HSC
Not knowing Sydney very well I'm not sure how well I can respond to this, but someone said it's only a half hour between the two places? If that's right I wouldn't call that long distance, if she's not worth that then you're kinda lazy :p

davin

HSC
N/A
yeah, half hour is never long distance. thats just people that don't have a grasp on these things talking. i'd put it at....long distance doesn't really kick in till we're talking hours to get there by driving, or a plane is required

with my relationship past, i would've, and on two seperate occasions tried, killed to have her be only half an hour or an hour away

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
miss_unsquiggle said:
Not knowing Sydney very well I'm not sure how well I can respond to this, but someone said it's only a half hour between the two places? If that's right I wouldn't call that long distance, if she's not worth that then you're kinda lazy :p
ummm....no. it can take 1.5-2 hours from certain parts of sydney to another. and that's not taking into account those who have to use public transport

davin

HSC
N/A
thats still a very weak travel time to catagorise as long distance though. just troublesome at best

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Because I seem to be a pro at getting myself into inconveniently distanced relationships, I would advise that overall it ain't a good idea. Sometimes it works but most of the time it does not.

ariana88

HSC
my bf lives central coast and i live 3 hours away in the south west area...its even harder now since hes goin army training for 6 months at waga waga and wont be able to see him for the first two months, but i believe if u love the person u can survive it

emmadilemma88

at my house, hehe in my room, on my laptop
HSC
:apig: ok. so you meet a guy/gal whos really gr8 and u hit it off. cool. no problems there, maybe they r holidaysing or visiting , whateva. then you guys start dating and things r going fine. you find out they live more than an hour away/ this is like 'red flag goin up!'. in the beginning u promise to call them every nite and see them as much as possible but it never works, no matter how much you care for them, or how hot they are haha. eventually , waiting around for them wont happen, either one of you will be busy or bored of it. face it, if you live more than an hour away then how are you going to see them everyday??? your parents definately wont drive you there because they can only see it as' harmless puppy love' and really dont understand that you dig them alot.

its gr8 while it lasts but having a phone as a buffer for breakup because your too busy and have met someone else really blows.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeah I totally agree. They might work for a while, but they will inevitably collapse as you will fall more and more apart.

vorahk

HSC
pfft, my girl is in canada and for overseas relationships you will find msn and skype your best friend ( money saver on long distance calls etc etc.).

we ve been at it almost a year now, in fact it ll be one year next month, however im losing interest in her.

and yes it does suck, no hugs, kiss sex, nothing physical ><. lmao my friends call her cyberwoman or e-woman.

butch14589

HSC
alby said:
ryde & blacktown? pffft! you're still both in sydney for fucks sake aj

my longest was gong & chatswood (2hrs on train). lasted 3mths. physical distance led to emotional distance
thats nuthin my longest was 3 and a half by car and it lasted 4 months...
so yeah they work if u at least try and make them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)