Loneliness of the university Liberal (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
come on guys. they're posing for the cameras. gesturing to the big camera in parliament until the fat man walks in front of them

doubt they believe all this stuff

rite/

rite?!?!?1

Ben1220

HSC
Its hard to take the views seriously of anyone who actually fits perfectly into a political group that already exists. I think these people are more about group dynamics, needing to belong, conforming, then about political ideals. I guess its only human nature. If people actually cared about developing good political ideals there wouldn't be any of these 'groups' and parties, there would be independent critical thinking, intelligence, rationality and logic. Things would actually get done, progress would be made, knowledge would develop, agreements could be made on what is true and what is false, as opposed to what our group likes and what our group doesn't like. But thats not going to happen. Most people just suck, even at university there is plenty of stupidity. Of course wingnuts on both sides are equally to blame. Too lazy to use their heads.

Also I get very angry when students criticise professors. Professors aren't always right, they are human, but would you get into an argument or disagreement with a maths professor about maths?

C

copkiller

Capitalism + Christianity

Its a powerful duo.

The young libs claim to believe in small government by supporting slightly lower taxes, accompanied by massive government intervention into almost every aspect of our lives to re-enforce traditional Anglo-Christian values.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Australia is relatively great because groups like SA are allowed to exist. That's the point, we allow free speech to everyone, even those who we despise.
Fuck off, a guy got arrested because he made an anti-Jewish youtube video.

Australia has no constitutional right to free speech.

HSC
I remember there was a seminar held by some anti-israeli activists in Sydney Uni declaring that israel not real and even more, they directly quoted Hezbolla leaders' hate speech
They were not arrested

Last edited:
HSC
Fuck off, a guy got arrested because he made an anti-Jewish youtube video.

Australia has no constitutional right to free speech.
That really depends on the exact nature of "anti-jewish" video

Anti-jewish is too broad

He must have said something serious enough to invoke criminal charges, not because there's no constitutional right to free speech

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
the guy in WA was arrested because a court told him to stop and he didnt

HSC
N/A
I remember there was a seminar held by some anti-israeli activists in Sydney Uni declaring that israel not real and even more, they directly quoted Hezbolla leaders' hate speech
They were not arrested
because they were heroes

and everyone knows the jews control our courts anyway

we all need to oppose that zionist scum

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Courtney Dunn, 19, has never knowingly met another Liberal at the two University of Western Sydney campuses where she studies for a combined arts and law degree

lol. liberal at uws. stupid and evil
lol except for the fact that if she did ANYTHING Extracurricular she would find that all the involved law students at uws are libs ^_^

They were not arrested
Because criticism of israel is hate speach?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGB4TTw3kHQ

lollollol if you can watch stuff like that and say that people shouldn't be able to say a FEW mean things about israel you're a fairly callous man :)

btw as far as free speech goes, I'd much rather be in the states than here.

Last edited:

Sprangler

HSC
I'd like to have a dead Gazan child's tight butthole wrapped around my tight throbbing- what's this thread about again?

btw as far as free speech goes, I'd much rather be in the states than here.
Why's that? What do you need to say that can't be said here? RACIST HATE MONGERERER. BoS is hosted in the US btw so it's all good.

Last edited:

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
How utterly talentless are the liberal club at Usyd that such a hopeless joke could become president?

The whole long, 'anti-bias @ uni' campaign they've been running for years makes them look unbelievably childish. Grow up.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Well the universities can ban whoever they want on their property.

But you seemed to be speaking in general terms. We do not ban Neo-Nazi's in Australia, nor should we.

If you look in the United States there are some extremely dangerous, crazy groups that are allowed to exist; Westborough Baptist Church and and NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association) come to mind. But far from taking spreading their radical ideas successfully, these groups have remained on the fringes and have never gained public support.

The same is true of the SA over here. There is no reason to ban them because their ideas are so obviously moronic to the vast majority of people.
Australian law does not in anyway guarantee free speech wtf I have no idea where this baseless claim stems from.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The only difference between NSW and Germany circa 1939 is the weather.

C

copkiller

Australian law does not in anyway guarantee free speech wtf I have no idea where this baseless claim stems from.
IMO the universities SHOULD be able to ban whoever they want on their campuses. I'm not sure what the current legal position is though.

I'm a huge advocate of free speech, but free speech simply means that speech itself shouldn't be criminalized. People should still be able to evict you from their property if they don't like what you say.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
There are plenty of laws in Australia criminalising certain kinds of speech.

Edit: Even the presses in Australia aren't THAT free.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
this thread is now gay

thanks libertarians

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Lol, we had to analyse this article in a tutorial I just had. This girl thought it was a good example of how politics in Australia are clearly represented in campus politics... (lolwut?)

Was rather upset with Dunn's comments about having never knowingly met a UWS Liberal :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)