Lone Star (1 Viewer)

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
Anyone work here?

i'm going for my second interview on monday at the penrith restaurant, and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on lone star as a work place...

HSC
:) i worked at the parra one for over 2 years until i quit in june.

not sure on the penrith one i have only been there once but i am sure one of the managers that was there during my 1st year is stationed at penrith, her name is jasmine, she's nice, to your face anyway. It's either her or this guy named brad who is pretty cool.

what position are you applying for? i was a host so i worked with all the girls and its a very easy job, i was the laziest host though

umm i think you'll probably get sick of it fast if you work in the kitchen unless you like heat and actual work.

host is easy, you can be lazy and still look like your doing alot (ie, walk around and take empty plates off people then take them to the kitchen'

'running' the meals (taking it out of the kitchen and giving it to the 'guest') is fucking annoying though, the plates are very hot, they expect you to carry more than two, and it just sucks.

hmmm the pay SUCKS.

if you don't deal with stress well your going to hate the busy nights (ie, sat and sun) but if your like me and you don't really give a fuck then you'll be fine.

also if your a host expect to be encouraged to learn and perform the line dance :) i had to, i was the only guy doing it mostly. It's easy, but dont do the jumping one it just looks stupid if a guy does it, and no i didnt ever do that one.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
thanks

i'm applying for a waiters job

so yeah

ill be getting 9.11 for my first three months which i am happy with, its better than nothing at least....

haven't heard about a jasmine or brad, i got interviewed today by michelle, who is assistant manager, and i'm getting interviewed on monday by scott, who is manager....

HSC
never heard of em but good luck.

ull have to line dance :p:p:p:p ull have fun dont worry its a fun job if u aren't to inhibited around your co-workers that is, it took awhile for me to warm up to people there because some of the waitresses had PMS and liked to look down on full time students because they are stuck in a dead-end job full time :p

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
never heard of em but good luck.

ull have to line dance :p:p:p:p ull have fun dont worry its a fun job if u aren't to inhibited around your co-workers that is, it took awhile for me to warm up to people there because some of the waitresses had PMS and liked to look down on full time students because they are stuck in a dead-end job full time :p
thanks!

kinda worried about the linedancing, but its all good, ill just ignore the PMS junkies!

ill also have to learn the birthday chant won't i? :p

7th Sign

HSC
loan star sounds a bit crazy lols...

singing for customers and line dancing lols u get paid extra for that shit...? :D

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
lol not unless you get tipped....

its cos lone star is a texas themed resaurant, so its all done up like a texas saloon and they play country music and stuff...

Kirsti

HSC
The birthday song is easy. Line dancing is fine is you have some coordination. No we don't get paid extra :(

I'm a waitress at the Glendale one. Saturday nights can suck but apart from that it's pretty easy (as long as you can put up with customers shit).

What you do:
say high to customers
write down what they want to eat
put it in the computer
make a salad for them
give them their food (or if you're lucky someone else will do that)
interrupt them throughout their meal
make huge chocolate messes for dessert
get money from them

start again

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i can put up with customers

i just want the job

they are supposed to be ringing me in the next few days

and i want them to hurry up!

HSC
haha yeah putting up with customers is funny, at least if you find amusement in everything lol

we once had a tranny-crossdresser come in and order some food, 'her' name was 'ashley'

we have had alot of drunk people one guy came up to me and starting patting me on the shoulder screaming in my ear 'good job mate good job' im like 'yeah.......'

these pack of old drunk pigs were feelin up the waitresses as they walked by but the manager didn't do anything about it...so i was the one who had to take all their meals to em since i was the only guy on the floor...i was cleaning up near them and dropped a chair and it hit one of em and he spilt his pepsi and i burst out laughing.

i once dropped like 6 glasses during a line dance, everyone just stopped and looked and i cracked up haha, the area manager was visiting that day too, but luckily the managers were out back and the waitresses didn't tell them what i did.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
Just thought i would let you all know i got the job!

my orientation is tomorrow!

money here i come! :D:D

HSC
waddle_828 said:
Just thought i would let you all know i got the job!

my orientation is tomorrow!

money here i come! :D:D

'money' lol....lone star shit in terms of pay, but since your going to be a waiter be a really good one and you'll get good tips..

a tip is be NICE to the hosts so they don't seat all non-english speaking people or lebos etc in your section, if they like you they will sit good, nice people in your section....and another tip, always try to get the hosts to sit american tourists in your section, it's very common to tip big in america so you might just score.

i used to sit all the non-english speaking asian tourists/migrants or teen lebos in a waitresses section if i didn't like the waitress...it makes their job harder and they get all stressed and start screaming at people then get warnings from the manager....oh how powerful the host is mwahahahaha

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
luckily i go to school with one of the hosts, and another is my cousin!!

tips here i come! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)