Logic Tests? What type of questions to expect? (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
So what are those logic tests that some companies ask people to do, so that they can get employed at the company if they pass.

Did anyone ever do such a test? How's it like? What types of questions should I expect?

I've tried asking them for more info about it, but they only told me that there will be maths questions (no calculators are allowed in the test) and that its going to be a logic test.

I have no idea what I am in for, I've been solving as many online IQ tests that i can find, and i would greatly appreciate some tips.

greekgun

HSC
MaNiElla said:
So what are those logic tests that some companies ask people to do, so that they can get employed at the company if they pass.

Did anyone ever do such a test? How's it like? What types of questions should I expect?

I've tried asking them for more info about it, but they only told me that there will be maths questions (no calculators are allowed in the test) and that its going to be a logic test.

I have no idea what I am in for, I've been solving as many online IQ tests that i can find, and i would greatly appreciate some tips.

Im sure they will be easy tests like the one coles gets u to do. The coles test had stuff questions like "choose the shape which doesnt belong." and it will have 4 shapes with pattens on it.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
greekgun said:
Im sure they will be easy tests like the one coles gets u to do. The coles test had stuff questions like "choose the shape which doesnt belong." and it will have 4 shapes with pattens on it.
oOOohh thanks luv :) I hope so!

But im kinda nervous because the company's looking for fresh graduates, and im worried that they might get something thats too difficult, etc.

thanks again ^_^

greekgun

HSC
MaNiElla said:
oOOohh thanks luv :) I hope so!

But im kinda nervous because the company's looking for fresh graduates, and im worried that they might get something thats too difficult, etc.

thanks again ^_^
No prob, btw thats the fastest reply ive ever got.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
greekgun said:
No prob, btw thats the fastest reply ive ever got.
Heh, its because im anxiously watching this thread, in hope for answers :eek:

HSC
Graduate positions?

I've helped my sister out with some before. They're not easy to do. From memory they are like IQ tests and they test all sorts of things like logical thinking, some comprehension skill, numeracy, interpreting graphs/charts, identifying patterns and more I'm sure. Some test on your speed as well, so you have to watch out for them. I guess you can compare them to Coles tests (in essence) but they are at a much higher level. Don't worry too much if you don't finish everything in the test as most people don't.

My advice is to do as much as you can, don't dwell on things too much and don't guess too much. It's best to leave it blank than take a wild guess but it depends on the test as it might take blanks, incorrect answers into account.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
watatank said:
Graduate positions?

I've helped my sister out with some before. They're not easy to do. From memory they are like IQ tests and they test all sorts of things like logical thinking, some comprehension skill, numeracy, interpreting graphs/charts, identifying patterns and more I'm sure. Some test on your speed as well, so you have to watch out for them. I guess you can compare them to Coles tests (in essence) but they are at a much higher level. Don't worry too much if you don't finish everything in the test as most people don't.

My advice is to do as much as you can, don't dwell on things too much and don't guess too much. It's best to leave it blank than take a wild guess but it depends on the test as it might take blanks, incorrect answers into account.
Oh i see, thanks so much watatank, I will definitely bear that in mind :)

*hopeful*

HSC
some of them can be confusing
theres the reading and answering qstns type
maths
and matching shapes and patterns type
you cant really do too much to prepare so just try not to stress when actually doing it, i've run out of time on those tests on 2 different occassions but still got the jobs

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
some of them can be confusing
theres the reading and answering qstns type
maths
and matching shapes and patterns type
you cant really do too much to prepare so just try not to stress when actually doing it, i've run out of time on those tests on 2 different occassions but still got the jobs
Cool, you've given me some hope.

Thanks ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)