Local Sydney EMO GIGS. (1 Viewer)

orchid_violet

HSC
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Does anyone know any around? or a website that provides local gigs...any information would be helpful really. Me and my friends live for these gigs. I went to one at castle hill tonight, it was awesome. <3</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

W

whsmith

You are self-confessed 'Emo' ?

I find that weird - i always assumed Emo was an insulting term, not one the Emo s use them selves.

BizzyP

HSC
Would you be referring to hype? I was there. There are stacks of gigs like that round the castle hill area if you know the circles in which they run. Also, to the person above, emo is used by some people as a derogatory term, but really it's just a name for a subgenre of music.

orchid_violet

HSC
yes hype. you were there also?
do you go to gigs often? any coming up?
I've been to a few in the hills though I was just curious as to any other areas they are in.
I don't live around the hills though my cousin does and he knows the whole of towers.
Emo indeed is a subgenre of music. whsmith is completely oblivious to that fact.
peace.

Last edited:

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Yes indeed, "emo" is a subgenre of music, "fag" is the term applied to the listener.

Why go out and see the gig? Just turn the shower on, sit down, and cut yourself in the dark.

Let the water wash all that horrible pain away.

Fag.

W

whsmith

Ahh... So its a music genre too. I learnt something today.

What is it? Punk? Argh, Then i agree with direct above:

Fag.

BizzyP

HSC
minushuman said:
Yes indeed, "emo" is a subgenre of music, "fag" is the term applied to the listener.

Why go out and see the gig? Just turn the shower on, sit down, and cut yourself in the dark.

Let the water wash all that horrible pain away.

Fag.
How about you even attempt to understand something before you criticise it.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
BizzyP said:
How about you even attempt to understand something before you criticise it.
I understand emo music you fucking cock-bite. Here i'll draw you a picture:

Emo music is easily the most generic and poorly written sub-genre of anything, ever. Emo bands actually sort of impress me, because they're smart. Much smarter then any of their listeners. Band leaders spotted the Emo trend emerging long ago and jumped on the Emo Bandwagon with dollar signs in there eyes. But guess what, it paid off. And not just a little, a whole fucking lot. They exploit morons like yourself who don't realise just how generic and conformist the music they produce actually is. They exploit you for your money.

And thats why emo sympathisers are all fags.

Thank you, you were a gracious loser.

BizzyP

HSC
Okay first of all, whatever you THINK you are talking about is NOT emo. I assume you mean MTV music like My Chemical Romance etc etc. THIS IS NOT EMO. I agree with you in that it is music produced to whore your money away. There are no true emo bands anymore, and the stereotype you are using of the "ohhh im so sad ill go cut my wrists" has been wrongly attributed to the term emo. If you are going to trash talk all that shit go ahead, but keep in mind it is NOT EMO. It is made for 12 year olds MTV music. Also, to the thread starter, hype is not an emo concert.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
BizzyP said:
Okay first of all, whatever you THINK you are talking about is NOT emo. I assume you mean MTV music like My Chemical Romance etc etc. THIS IS NOT EMO. I agree with you in that it is music produced to whore your money away. There are no true emo bands anymore, and the stereotype you are using of the "ohhh im so sad ill go cut my wrists" has been wrongly attributed to the term emo. If you are going to trash talk all that shit go ahead, but keep in mind it is NOT EMO. It is made for 12 year olds MTV music. Also, to the thread starter, hype is not an emo concert.
Sorry, but My Chemical Romance and pop-emo bands form the current Emo scene.

I like Atreyu, and From Autumn to Ashes, but I wouldn't class them as pop-emo.

BizzyP

HSC
minushuman said:
Sorry, but My Chemical Romance and pop-emo bands form the current Emo scene.

I like Atreyu, and From Autumn to Ashes, but I wouldn't class them as pop-emo.

It is unfortunate people label them as emo. Atreyu and Fata are post-hardcore/metalcore type stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)